Recipe by food writer Abbey
Valentine’s Day is just around the corner, so it’s time to start thinking of desserts for two! Be sure to add this Valentine’s Day mini berry trifle to your list. It is decadent and sweet, without being too heavy. And it’s ready in 15 minutes! Grab the recipe and directions below…
Valentine’s Day Mini Berry Trifles
Prep time: 15 minutes
Yield: 4 servings
1 package white chocolate instant pudding
2 cups cold milk
premade angel food cake
1 pint strawberries
1. In a small mixing bowl, whisk together pudding mix and milk for two minutes until thickened. Add in a pea-sized drop of pink gel food dye, and mix until well-combined. Set aside in refrigerator to chill.
2. Cut pre-made angel food cake (I get mine at the local grocery store bakery) into three layers, about 1 1/2 inch thick. Use a small heart cookie cutter to cut out heart shapes, using up the entire cake.
3. Cut strawberries into hearts. This is done by pinching off the leaves and making a v-shape cut at the top near the stem. Cut strawberries in halves to reveal their heart shape.
4. Assemble the mini trifles in small dessert glasses. Place a layer of strawberries at the bottom. Add a layer of pudding and cake. Add another layer of pudding on top of the cake, and finish off by topping with strawberry hearts. Repeat this step in all the dishes.
5. Share with your Valentine for a delicious, festive dessert. Enjoy!