We loooove these chocolate muffins! They taste better than most other chocolate muffins I’ve had, plus they’re gluten free and packed the goodness of nutrient-dense hidden veggies: A WHOLE sweet potato and grated zucchini…
Gluten Free Chocolate Chip Zucchini and Sweet Potato Muffins
2 cups gluten free flour blend flour of choice (you could sub for another flour of choice)
1/2 cup of unsweetened cocoa powder
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup sweetener of choice (I used a combination of coconut sugar and honey)
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/3 cup oil of choice (I used coconut)
1/2 cup of grated zucchini
1 baked sweet potato (skins off). Or pumpkin.
1 cup milk of choice
1/3 cup chocolate chips (save a few to put on the top)
- Preheat oven to 400°, and fill muffin cups with liners.
- Combine wet ingredients including zucchini and sweet potato, sugar, oil, eggs, milk, vanilla. Mash and mix well.
- Combine dry ingredients––flour, almond flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, salt, and sugar––in a mixing bowl. Whisk well.
- Add the wet ingredients into the dry and mix well.
- Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Spoon the batter into the muffin cups.
- Add a few extra chocolate chips to the tops.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes. Delicious!