By food contributor Brittany
This rich puffed pancake can either be served as a guilty pleasure breakfast or a yummy dessert…either way you have to try it out! This is a fun twist on the traditional banana pancake and the scoop of ice cream really makes it something extra special.
keep reading for the recipe…
Caramel Pecan Banana Puffed Pancake
makes 1 – 8” pancake, serves 2
Ingredients for Puffed Pancake:
1/4 cup milk, room temperature
1/4 cup flour
1 1/2 tbsp butter, room temperature
1/2 tsp. vanilla
1/8 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. cinnamon
extra 1/2 tbsp. butter, for bottom of skillet
8 “ cast iron pan
2 scoops of vanilla ice cream
1 banana, sliced
caramel, to drizzle
maple syrup, to drizzle
handful of pecans
powdered sugar, optional
1. Take your milk and egg out beforehand and bring to room temperature. Preheat your oven to 350F and place a small 8” cast iron skillet in your oven to preheat.
2. Measure out milk and flour, mix and set aside.
3. In a separate bowl, whisk egg until light and fluffy. Add in flour and milk, 1 1/2 tbsp. butter, salt, and vanilla. Beat together.
5. Remove hot skillet from oven and add the extra 1/2 tbsp. butter to coat the bottom and sides of the pan. Quickly pour your mixture into it and place it in oven immediately. Bake for 10-12 minutes or until puffy and golden brown.
6. Top with sliced bananas, pecans, caramel, syrup, 2 scoops of ice cream and dust with powdered sugar.