By food contributor Brittany
Asparagus is one of our favorite veggies in my home right now, we eat them at least once a week and really can’t get enough of them. This recipe adds a big punch of flavor but keeps the prep time quick and easy. This side is perfect for your next summer BBQ or even as a tasty healthy snack!
keep reading for the recipe…
Lemon Garlic Asparagus
1 bunch of asparagus
3 cloves of garlic
3-4 tbsp. of olive oil
2 lemon slices
salt + pepper
red chili flakes, optional
1. Wash and prep your asparagus by cutting off about 1 1/2” off the end.
2. Preheat oven to 425ºF.
3. Peel and mince garlic.
4. Place asparagus on a baking sheet and scatter minced garlic to cover.
5. Drizzle the olive oil, add salt & pepper, and red chili flakes.
6. Toss with hands and then spread out so that the asparagus is flat on the baking sheet side by side.
7. Roast for about 15 minutes, or until tender.
8. Remove from the oven and squeeze lemon juice over all of the asparagus, serve hot.
I always forget about asparagus for some reason, even though I adore it. I will have to add it to this month’s meal plan!
Comments are closed.