By food contributor Brittany
I’m always looking for quick and healthy meals and this Kale-Walnut Pesto Pasta definitely does its job! This pasta can easily be placed on some grilled chicken or you can omit the pasta itself and use the pesto to top fancy crostinis! Endless options and a recipe you will definitely want to keep on hand when you only have 15 minutes before dinner time!
Keep on reading to see how to make it…
15 Minute Meal: Kale-Walnut Pesto Pasta
1/2 bunch kale (about 2 large stocks)- stems discarded
1 lbs. gemilli pasta
1/4 cup walnuts (or pine nuts)- toasted
1 clove of garlic
1/2 cup parmesan/peccorino cheese – plus more for garnishing
1/2 tsp. garlic salt
salt + pepper to taste
1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
1 tbsp. lemon juice
1. After the stems are discarded, boil a pot of water. Add the kale into the water until tender about 5 minutes.
2. Once tender, remove, place kale in a colander and rinse with cold water. Squeeze out excess water and set aside.
3. Add pasta into the boiling water from the kale and cook until al dente. Drain, reserving at least 1/3 c. of pasta water to use later. Return the pasta to the pot.
4. Meanwhile, add the kale, garlic, parmesan, garlic, garlic salt, salt + pepper, toasted walnuts into the food processor/blender. Pulse and gradually add the extra virgin olive oil until it combined and pesto consistency.
5. When pasta is cooked and ready add in pesto and combine until the pasta is completely covered. You can use the pasta water to loosen the pesto as necessary.
6. Splash on the lemon juice and mix around. Garnish with more parmesan cheese.
Looks delicious – can’t wait to try!
I just made it following this recepie..it tastes amazing!
Yum! I made it this morning-a double batch and I am freezing 1/2. It’s delicious. Thanks!
Yum! It’s a good idea… I only knew the basil one (Italian’s heart) 🙂
a fashion & DIY blog…
Yum! How long do you think this pesto will keep in the fridge?
It will keep its freshness for about 3 days in the fridge, 5 days max! 🙂
Comments are closed.