By food contributor Sarah
This Blueberry Dutch Baby Pancake is one of my favorite breakfasts because it requires simple ingredients I’m willing to bet are already in your kitchen. It turns out beautifully every time and to make it extra special I reheat the frozen berries in a cinnamon-vanilla spiked maple syrup.
Here’s the recipe…
Blueberry Dutch Baby Pancake
3/4 cup whole milk
1/2 cup unbleached all-purpose flour
1 pinch sea salt
2 tablespoons unsalted butter
1 cup frozen (or fresh if you live somewhere special) blueberries
1 cup maple syrup
1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 lemon, sliced
1. Preheat oven to 475 F and place a 10-inch cast-iron skillet in the oven to heat up.
2. Whisk the eggs and milk until frothy. You can do this with a hand whisk or electric beater – whichever you find easier. Slowly add flour and salt then mix well.
3. Remove pan (carefully!) from the oven and turn it down to 425 F. Place all the butter in the skillet and swirl to melt evenly.
5. While the pancake bakes make the syrup – simply heat berries, maple syrup, vanilla, cinnamon, and squirt of lemon juice over medium heat until it reaches a thickness you like.
6. Eat pancake warm topped with blueberry syrup and an extra squirt of fresh lemon juice.