Here’s what we were thinking for tackling this project:
1. Old wallpaper gone. At first we thought we would be able to just strip it off and paint, but the whole wall actually needed to be completely replaced since it was made with particle board and needed real dry wall and insulation to keep in the heat. So that ended up being a much bigger project.
2. Linoleum replaced. The brown flooring really needed to go. Some parts were chipping off and becoming unsafe to walk on.
3. Updated washer and dryer. We’ve had some problems with them before, and thought it was time for brand new machines here.
4. Removing one of the unused cabinets to make room for laundry baskets.
5. A fresh coat of paint on the walls and cabinets.
6. New hardware pulls on the cabinets.
7. Building new shelving above the dryer and basket area.
Excited to share with you this process! Stay tuned for next week in Part 2 where we show the process and hurdles, and then Part 3 where we reveal the final room featuring The Home Depot decor line.
This post is sponsored by The Home Depot.