I love the idea of simple and modern nordic white trees, so we decided to make some out of craft foam and aspen rounds. Craft foam is one of my favorite things to work it. It’s sturdy, easy to cut, smooth, and inexpensive. Here’s how we made these cute little trees to sit on your mantle, a windowsill, or to decorate for a special holiday dinner…
Make them yourself
- 1. White craft foam
- 2. White paper
- 3. Pencil
- 4. Exact-o knife
- 5. Nails and hammer
- 6. Aspen rounds ( I found mine at Michaels), or Christmas tree stumps from the lot!
- 1. Draw out your Christmas tree shape with a pencil on paper and cut out. We had 3 or 4 different sizes
- 1. Using the template, cut the tree out of the craft foam with a self healing mat
- 1. Hammer a nail into the bottom of an aspen round until it almost breaks through
- 1. Slip the round over and push down until the nail pops up
- 1. Stick your tree into the nail so it sits straight
That’s it, so easy!
That’s it! They’re sturdy, kid friendly, and I love the simplicity of the design. You could get crazy and make them colorful too, I just went with white this time.