By DIY contributor Alyson of Bash Studio
Since the 4th of July is coming up real fast, I thought I would share a festive little treat bag DIY. I love having these on hand for parties so guests can take home goodies or any leftovers I don’t want to store. It’s really a win win situation! I originally tried to find sequin trim, but had absolutely no luck. With enough glue and a little overkill of sequins, you can create your own shiny little popsicles to pass out at your next barbecue!
Muslin Treat Bags
Cutout Ice Cream Top
Red, White, and Blue Sequins
Fabric Tacky Glue
1. Cut the popsicle sticks in half.
2. Trace ice cream top onto the muslin bag, then glue the popsicle stick to the bag.
3. Spread the tacky glue on 1/3 of the ice cream top, making sure to fill in the entire section.
4. Pour the blue sequins over the glue and don’t skimp otherwise there will be some empty patches. Slightly push the sequins into the glue.
5. Repeat the steps above for the white section and let both dry. Repeat again with the white section. (This prevents the sequins from mixing with each other.)
6. I found that slightly shaking the bag will loosen any sequins, but very few even came off. Fill in any gaps with a little dot of glue and some more sequins.