I asked Molly and Joanna of the lovely blog Irrelephant to share some tutorials for simple, elegant, and festive hair ideas just for Say Yes this holiday season. I know you’ll love what they’ve come up with!
For our first tutorial here is a fun option for Thanksgiving! Thanksgiving is one of those holidays that you celebrate all month long, one weekend with your friends for “friendsgiving” and the other with the family. We wanted to share an updo that is both classy for grandma and fun & flirty for that special someone. This is also a pretty simple concept: just a row of knots down to a side bun! We also love that this ‘do’ does especially well with dirty hair as well.
Keep reading for the steps on how to get this look...
- 1. Smooth hair with a blowdryer. Spray texturizing spray for a good hold (we love Oribe texturizing spray).
- 1. Gather crown section and tease slightly, then make a loose knot with the section and pin. One pin per knot should do, just slide it inside the knot.
- 1. Keep tying knots and pinning, use strands from the previous knot to make the next knot (kind of like a french braid). Continue this until you’re right above the nape of the neck.
- 1. Make one last “bun” knot by making a very large knot (with all the leftover hair) and tuck the end pieces.
- 1. Loosen the knots with fingers slightly and pull down stray hairs to make it looked lived in and casual. Spray with a finishing spray (bumble and bumble is our favorite) and enjoy!