We have an easy Easter sewing project for your sweet bunnies this year: bunny ears headbands made with soft pastel linen. Perfect in a basket surrounded by eggs and chocolate. And just in time for those Easter photos.
Make them yourself
1. Linen fabric sewing machine, thin wire
2. Plastic headband
4. Sewing machine
5. Twin wire
1. Cut out three pieces. The long piece is 2”x 14”. The two rounded pieces are 12 x 3 1/2” with the tops pointed.
1. Fold the long thin piece and sew along the above dotted lines leaving an opening at the top. For the curved pieces, sew them together following the lines above with about a 1 1/2 inch opening on one side.
1. Fold them inside out so the seams are on the inside.
2. For the long skinny piece, work it onto the headband.
1. For the curved piece, fold some wire in the shape of two long loops (bunny ears shaped), and work it into the fabric pocket.
1. No need to finish off that hole in the middle, it will end up in the middle of the knot
1. Tie a knot around the headband with the curved piece and pull tight. You can position it anywhere on the headband but we like it slightly to the side.
Photography by Liz Stanley. Crafting assistance by Gaby Viglas. Thanks to Bitte for providing the sweet Easter outfits for Ashley’s daughters who modeled: Knit Collar Top and pink embroidered skirt on Hazel, and green floral dress on baby Bea