Over the next few weeks I’m working with Home Depot on a few festive crafts that are easy and fun to transform your home during the holidays. The first is this easy star garland. You can drape it over your tree, a doorway, a mantle, fireplace, or hang them from the windows. So many possibilities and an easy project for the whole family to work on together.
Make it yourself
- 1. White craft foam
- 2. Glue gun
- 3. Star cookie cutters in various sizes
- 4. Scissors
- 5. Natural twine
- 6. Pencil
- 7. X-acto knife
- 8. Rust-Oleum Universal All Surface Metallic Pure Gold Spray Paint and Primer in One
- 9. Rust-Oleum Specialty Gold Glitter Spray
- 10. Rust-Oleum Specialty Silver Glitter Spray Paint
- 1. Using a star cookie cutter as your guide
- 2. Trace and cut out stars of various sizes from your craft foam
- 1. For the outline stars, cut out a large star and then a smaller one inside using an x-acto knife
- 1. Spray paint them with the three Rust-Oleum paints
- 2. I added just a touch of glitter spray paint, don’t want to overdo the sparkle!
- 1. When dry, using your glue gun to string them along a natural piece of twine
- 1. Hang and drape along your Christmas decor!
The Home Depot partnered with bloggers such as me for their Holiday DIY Program. As part of this program, I received compensation for my time. They did not tell me what to purchase or what to say about any product mentioned in these posts. The Home Depot believes that consumers and bloggers are free to form their own opinions and share them in their own words. The Home Depot’s policies align with WOMMA Ethics Code, FTC guidelines and social media engagement recommendations.
This looks so easy and fun that I’ll definitely try this with my kids this year 🙂
So cute! love the styling too
Did you get the cute little bottle brush trees and deer there too?
Hi Suz! I got those at a little hobby store here in town. I did get the fake snow there though (I’m obsessed with that stuff!)
Comments are closed.