I love hosting holiday parties, but it’s the stressful hours (sometimes days!) before the event that sometimes prevents me from sending those invites. Today we’re partnering with Uber to share a couple ideas on making holiday hosting a cinch…
Instead of cooking for days before, order food in. Although I like cooking, there are already so many things on your to-do list when you’re hosting a holiday party, that cooking for 30+ people is an unnecessary add-on task. Especially when excellent food is just a click of a button away. With UberEats you can have your favorite food delivered in usually under 30 minutes.
Pick something that will display well like sushi, wine and cheeses, or dips and breads.
A few things to know about UberEats:
1. It is a different app, you can’t order food through your regular Uber app.
2. Right now it’s mostly available in bay area communities (but more cities coming soon!)
3. There are a lot of our favorite restaurants available through UberEats, but you can also request your favorite restaurant here.
4. You can schedule a delivery in advance (just like you can an Uber ride)
The scheduling a delivery feature with UberEats is brilliant. So you don’t need to be watching the clock 30 minutes before your guests arrive, you can place your order the day or even a few days before.
I think this is my favorite part of UberEats. It really takes all the pressure off cooking (and even ordering!) for your guests when you’re busy prepping for the party.
Give a useful party favor. I love handing out something festive as my guests are leaving, whether it’s a pomegranate wrapped in gold ribbon or a bag of homemade toffee. It’s nice to be able to give your guests a festive parting gift.
But instead of more sugar, the gift could be really useful. I love the idea of gifting Uber Gift Cards to be sure your guests get home safely after your party. They’re incredibly easy to find in your local grocery stores (find locations here), and they make for a really fun thing to wrap as well.
We made these by sewing paper around the card. It makes them feel really special and very festive. Here’s how to make them:
Sewn Paper Packages
- 1. Paper color of your choice (we used brown kraft paper)
- 2. Sewing machine and contrasting thread
- 3. Scissors
- 4. Ribbon
- 5. Fabri-tak glue for ribbon
- 6. Uber Gift Cards
- 1. Cut rectangles slighter larger than your gift card, two for each card
- 2. Sew around the card with a machine and contrasting thread
- 1. Tie bow around your packaged cards, with Fabri-tak glue to secure in back
- 2. Decorate with greenery or another decoration or your choosing
Leave them on the entry table right by the door, and be sure to tell them to open ASAP for a safe ride home.