Welcome to our second Say Yes Top Five Live Facebook recap. This is an ongoing series on Facebook where we chat about some of our favorite things and things we’re thinking about this week. It’s casual and really fun where we problem solve and share ideas, just like you probably do with your own girlfriends.
Today our crew was Liz, Marta and our friend Catherine who just launched a gift box company called Bestowe, which sells beautifully curated gift baskets featuring some of my favorite artisans. This week we’re talking about Halloween candy + traditions (Catherine has a brilliant tradition idea!), Halloween movie suggestions for timid kids, Napa ideas, detangling hair, favorite Trader Joe’s snacks, and when to let go of your diaper/mom bag. Keep reading to find all the links we mentioned in the live chat…
- The chili recipe Liz loves for her family’s Halloween tradition (image above).
- Catherine’s idea for a take-along Halloween dinner: Spinach Jack-O’-Lantern Hand Pies and the Chicken Curry Moon Pies
- Kid friendly Halloween movies to watch this weekend: Coraline, Ghostbusters, Hotel Transylvania, Hocus Pocus, Charlie Brown Great Pumpkin and The Adams Family.
- Catherine also talked about the Switch Witch who switches candy for toys (so smart!)
- Liz’s current favorite Trader Joes snacks: Bamba Peanut Snacks and Oven Baked Cheese Bites. Catherine loves the Dark Chocolate Covered Almonds with Sea Salt. Marta likes their pizza dough selection.
- Marta found a few creative ways to help the North Bay fire victims like going to a Metallica Concert or eating today at Chipotle. Also, you can find out what wineries are open, right here. A great way to support the recovering community up there.
- A beautiful place to stay and relax in Calistoga we love (and yes they’re open and empty!): Indian Springs.
- The recommendations from Liz’s hair stylist on detangling Edie’s hair: a wet brush, this Shea Moisture spray and this UNITE conditioner.
See you in a couple weeks!