I’m always looking for an easy + healthy snack bar when we’re rushing out the door and I realized I haven’t eaten anything (yikes!). Luckily, there are a million different bars to choose from! So, our team did a taste test of over 15 different brands to try and find our very favorites. Here are the results…
There were a few things we considered when we selected the 15 to try. One, it couldn’t be a treat bar, it had be at least mostly healthy. So we looked at bars with protein, greens, raw bars, and/or mostly nuts. Second, it had to be available at our local stores (local grocery stores, Trader Joe’s, Whole Foods). Here’s what we came up with for our favorites:
Our Top Five:
1. LARABAR Fruits and Greens: We all really liked this strawberry and greens one. It’s a new flavor and tastes like a really substantial fruit leather bar with added nuts and greens to be more filling. I also love the LARABAR peanut butter chocolate chip one. It’s more of a meal replacement, but it’s really good and filling!
2. KIND Dark chocolate sea salt. Okay, so it’s a little sweet but it’s mostly raw nuts and dark chocolate. That’s way better than most chocolate bars! And it really was delicious.
3. RX Bar: The simplicity of the ingredients is really fresh. Soft, mild chocolate taste and nutty. Plus, really filling.
4. GO MACRO Sunflower and Chocolate. For a protein bar, this is our favorite option. Very filling and lots of great ingredients for a a meal replacement.
5. Trader Joe’s Chia Bar. Might be my favorite Trader Joes Bar with almonds, cranberries, & pumpkin seeds. Really healthy and very good!
1. Trader Joe’s Nuts and Sea Salt. This was is similar to the KIND bar but it’s a little sweeter. It’s mostly nuts, although not as healthy as the others. It’s really good though!
2. PRO BAR Superfood: a really filling intensely fruity bar that is great for a meal replacement
Do you have a favorite bar you love when you’re rushing out the door?