• 2017 Women’s swimsuit guide

By Assistant Editor Ashley
    swimsuit

It’s that time again… swimsuit season! We’ve got a round up 10 trends we are loving this year, plus lots of recommendations. I need a new suit this year and now the only trouble is, committing to one! Which style would you pick?

ps. stay tuned for a round up of kids suits!

One shoulder. We are seeing one shoulder suits everywhere. They’re especially popular with a ruffle like this suit above. We like this striped one, this simple pink ribbed one, and this hot red one!

swimsuit

Crop top. A nice option if you’re wanting a little more coverage. I thought this pastel one above was super cute and unique. I also love this classic stripe top, and this off the shoulders stripe crop top, as well as this cut out top.

swimsuit

White suit. It’s all about a bright white suit this summer. They’re simple, but make a strong statement. The best part is, they make you look instantly tan. I love this halter one above, this white cut out suit,  this clean bandeau suit for only $26!).

swimsuit

French Style Bikini Top. French style bikini tops are simple and have a wide v look to them. This bikini above is in a Liberty of Art’s fabric and is the perfect floral. Some other favorites are this yellow check top, this one in every color, this lemon suit and this subtle stripe one from target.

swimsuit

Retro vibe. I found so many suits with a fun retro vibe. This suit above has a great 60’s feel, love this 70’s bikini with a cut out, and I love the retro colors of this suit and this suit.

swimsuit

Strappy. This season we are seeing a lot of strappy suits. This lattice bikini has the perfect amount of straps, and these bottoms are so cute with the lacing up the side, and these bottoms (above) with the subtle straps in the back. Love the back straps on this one-piece and this bikini.

scalloped

Scalloped. A scalloped suit is great if you’re looking for something a little bit more feminine. The style and fit of this black suit is especially cute with the scallops. This scalloped v neck comes in every color and is a safe choice, and this gingham scallop suit has all the charm.

zip up swimsuit

Zip up top. I love this striped suit above. Great for those long days in the sun or if you like to get out and surf. Also love this zip bikini top, this sporty one-piece, and this fun pink zip suit.

laser cut

Laser cut. I love the laser cut look for something unique. This yellow suit is so fun, and just think of the awesome tan lines you would have. This classic black from target is perfect for every day, and if you’re going for sexy then go for this white one-piece.

Screen Shot 2017-05-18 at 9.21.59 AM

Loving this black cut-out as well!

off the shoulders swimsuit

Off the shoulders. The off the shoulders look is everywhere this summer, including swimsuits! This white one above is just gorgeous and would be a great sun bathing vacation suit. This J.Crew suit comes in four classic colors, and this amazon suit is great affordable option.

1. Elizabeth Morgan said… May 24, 2017 10:20 am

Ashley,

Ugh, I want them all! But, if I had to choose, I’d say either the one shoulder one or the crop top. How much longer do you think high waisted swimsuits will stay “in”?

2. Cool Ass Links said… May 19, 2017 12:53 pm

[…] Summer is just about here and that means pool and beach parties! Here are some super adorable suits. […]

3. Paige Flamm said… May 19, 2017 9:41 am

I love the striped zipper suit! It is super cute!

Paige

4. christine mchale said… May 18, 2017 2:24 pm

i love this round up! thank you for showing a great selection. too many cute ones! that anthro blue one is rediclulously cute:)

5. teresa said… May 18, 2017 11:52 am

I am a 42 yr old mother of 3 and love the J-crew look, but I haven’t been able to fit in one of their suits since I was in my 20’s.

I discovered the swim collection at Athleta last year. Lots of different styles and patterns so you can mix and match. They also have the best board shorts…super flattering and practical!

6. Raffaella said… May 18, 2017 5:18 am

The title should be “Skinny model’s swimsuit guide”

• Liz Stanley said… May 18, 2017 9:07 am

The models are all thin, you’re right. We didn’t share the images to highlight the bodies, just the styles of suits. I think a lot of these suit styles would look great on all body types

• Ana said… May 22, 2017 4:21 am

Actually, this black-cut-out lady is not that skinny. And some of those swimsuits would look rather lovely on a curvier body. I love the black scalloped one. Blue with white stripes – also beautiful. Thing is, the ladies are all small-breasted. These swimsuits give no support for bigger boobies, and you know, outdoor activites with no breast support is no fun 🙂 But then again, you can’t please everybody. I love the retro theme!

7. Bobbekay said… May 17, 2017 2:41 pm

Quite an unrealistic depiction of how women look in bathing suits.

• Kim said… May 17, 2017 5:26 pm

couldn’t agree more!

• Madeline said… May 17, 2017 5:38 pm

Definitely. Are the only women looking for swimsuits this summer size 0?

• Karen said… May 17, 2017 8:50 pm

My thoughts exactly. I’m in my 30s and I’ve had 2 kids. It would be nice if future round ups were more diverse in every way.

• Angela said… May 18, 2017 7:18 am

Agreed! I thought the same with the last couple fashion posts. Find a few plus sized options to throw in there! It’s so easy these days!

• Liz Stanley said… May 18, 2017 9:09 am

I wish models were more diverse as well, but unfortunately the fashion industry still likes their size 0 models. Happy to include other images if we could find them!

• Liz Stanley said… May 18, 2017 9:08 am

I’m not sure what you mean. Most of these suits come in a whole range of sizes from 0 to 14

• Angela said… May 23, 2017 7:50 am

Yeah, that’s my point! I think you have a LOT of readers above a 14. I mean…most American women ARE above a 14. I’m seeing sites like cupofjo and others include some 14+ sizes in their roundups these days and it’s really refreshing. Why not do the same?

8. Charmaine Ng | Architecture & Lifestyle Blog said… May 17, 2017 10:59 am

I love the white suit style. It’s so my type of swimsuit!

Charmaine Ng | Architecture & Lifestyle Blog