Today we’re sharing this super easy mobile for a baby’s room made with a felted pom pom garland and drift wood. It’s a really simple project and looks so modern and colorful in a baby’s nursery. We’re partnering with Etsy Studio for today’s post. Guys, I’m so excited about this! It’s a brand new market for craft supplies from our friends at Etsy. You can find unique craft supplies from sellers all around the world (yeeeees) and loads of inspiration to make your own projects.
Today we’re using some Etsy Studio supplies to make this felted pom pom mobile.
First a couple things about Etsy Studio I’m loving: all the best craft supplies around the world in one place, inspiration and shoppable DIY projects, direct communication with sellers for a more human experience, created by a company we already love and trust, Etsy!
Make it yourself
- 1. Separate the pom pom garland into 5 (mostly) equal parts. We actually liked having slightly different lengths for each ‘leg’ of our garland, so we have a few legs with one extra felted ball. Also, keep in mind that you might want to alternate the colors so they aren’t in the same order for each leg
- 2. Without removing the balls from the string, we simply flipped the string around
- 3. Pull the balls so they are about 3 inches apart
- 4. Cut between each leg, being sure to leave enough string for each
- 1. Using a small screw hook, attach two pieces of drift wood to make an X. If your screw hook isn’t long enough you can also attach a screw at the bottom securing both together before adding the hook screw on top
- 1. Arrange your legs of the mobile and snip a couple inches below each last ball
- 2. Knot at the bottom
- 1. Make a loop at the top of each leg, loop each onto one end of the wood and one onto the middle
- 2. Hammer a nail into the ceiling at an angle and use fishing line to hang for an invisible effect
- 3. Enjoy your new pom pom mobile!