Photos by Molly and Joanna of Irrelephant
We’ve got a sweet + simple Valentine’s Day updo for you today! This hair ‘bow’ is the perfect no-fuss, simple detail paired with a flirty dress or just comfy jeans and an oversized sweater. Here’s how to do it in 5 easy steps…
1. With your hair in its natural texture, add a dry shampoo/texturing spray to give it more body (we love this dry shampoo or this texturing spray). Then tease in the crown with a comb.
2. Pull hair half up and while holding the tail, flat iron. With a thin clear rubber band, pull the tail only halfway leaving a loop, as shown above.
3. Split the loop into two and pin each side into your hair- This is a bit tricky as you don’t want the bobby pins to show. So mainly use the bobby pins as an anchor to each side. Use hair spray to keep bow from poking out to much. A little bit of bow protrusion is okay because the next step with seal the bow more.
4. With the remaining tail of your pony, pull a medium size strand up and wrap it around the center of your the bow. If you have layers you may need to use a flat iron to bend the tail to avoid ends from standing up.
5. Add a fair amount of hair spray to secure.
Enjoy your soft and playful look for Valentine’s Day.