By Assistant Editor Ashley
Did you hear, Liz is going to Germany at the end of the week! We were discussing what she should pack, and decided to put together a little roundup of what to wear in Germany. This also works great for other cold weather cities: Chicago, Boston, New York, Stockholm I’m talking to you.
1. Long down coat – Go with a long coat to help keep your legs warm. I always opt for a down coat in cold weather layered with other tops to keep me warm.
2. Cashmere beanie – Cashmere is one of the warmest and comfiest wools out there, plus most of the heat in the body escapes out the head so a cashmere beanie just makes perfect sense.
3. Thick jeans – Thick, tighter fitting jeans can help hold the heat in when layered with thermals or leggings underneath.
4. Heattech extra warm top – We’ve been hearing so much about Heattech technology from Uniqulo. Made to wear underneath your clothing they are extra soft and keep the heat in.
5. Warm blanket scarf – I love bringing a big scarf in cold weather so I can wrap it thick around my neck or drape it over my shoulders.
6. Heattech extra warm leggings – Again, it’s all about the layers in cold weather!
7. Pullover turtleneck sweater – Turtlenecks are a great way to keep cold air from going down the top of your shirt and are very much in style right now.
8. Wool socks – The best for keeping you warm and dry when you’re wandering playing tourist.
9. Comfortable boots – Something that can withstand a lot of walking, are good looking, and keep your toes warm too.
10. Gloves – These gloves are tech friendly too!