This is our last post for almost two weeks, as we’re taking a break until after the New Year. But we saved a great one for last! What’s better than brown paper packages tied up with strings? Sewn paper packages! I especially love using sewn packages for a small gift that you still want to feel super special and thoughtful. Maybe for a teacher, a neighbor, sibling to sibling, or a secret Santa exchange. They’re really simple to make and would look amazing under the tree.
Make it yourself
- 1. White drawing paper (we used a roll from IKEA that we paint on)
- 2. Scissors
- 3. Sewing machine
- 4. Pencil
- 5. Glitter or paint pen to decorate (optional!)
- 1. Draw out a simple holiday shape like an ornament, candle, tree, or candy cane that’s about twice as big as your gift.
- 1. Cut out two pieces of the shape
- 1. Sew along the edge leaving a hole to stuff the gift inside.
- 2. Sew to close the hole after stuffing.
- 1. Decorate as you wish! There were a lot of fun options to do here. Glitter on the ornament…
Chalkboard pen on the gingerbread man…ribbon around the candy cane…
…Or a mini string of lights on the tree. Simple little touches that really make them over the top.
Have an amazing Christmas, Hannukah, New Years, etc…see you in 2017!