By Molly and Joanna of Irrelephant
It’s the busiest time of the year with endless parties and events to attend. Paying to have your hair done isn’t always an option and adds up so why not do your own ‘do. It’s easier than you think. Here’s how in a few simple steps…
1. Grab a horseshoe section- with your thumbs starting at the recession line above midpoint eyebrows. Tease section to have volume up top and tie.
2. Grab two sections starting with your thumbs by the corners of your eyes. Tie a knot in the back center of your head – You will pin this knot over the hair that you just tied above. Pin to secure.
3. Now grab hair section underneath ear- including hair you just tied in knot. Tease underneath this section. Place clear tie mid way down. You will pin the tie up a bit and pin to secure. This is to create volume in this mid section.
4. Repeat last step with remaining hair. This time you will tease the top of this section as suppose to underneath like you have in the steps above.
5. Flip last section onto itself and tuck under previous section and pin.
6. We added a winter berry to add a little holiday detail. Spray a strong hold hairspray and enjoy!
copyright 2017 liz stanley // all rights reserved
Hi there! I'm Liz Stanley. Born and raised a New Yorker I now live in the fairytale city of San Francisco with my husband, son, and baby girl. This lifestyle site is a collection of pretty, creative, and budget-friendly ideas to Say Yes to a more crafty, stylish, and family-focused life. MORE >>>
HGTV • Hyundai Ad • Lean Cuisine Ad • Levi's Ad featured on Hulu • Martha Stewart • Parents Magazine • Pregnancy and Newborn Print Magazine Feature • Real Simple Magazine • San Francisco Chronicle Feature • The Huffington Post • TLC