By Assistant Editor Ashley
One of my favorite parts about the holidays are stockings. Growing up I loved finding my treasure filled sock on Christmas morning full of endless goodies and toys. Now that I’m on the other side, I think I love it even more! I’ve crafted a recipe to create the perfect stocking…
Still shopping?… check out our gift guides.
- Something traditional: It’s nice to have something that pops up year after year. For me, it’s an orange for my husband it’s chocolate coins. Don’t have a tradition? Start your own!
- Something musical: I love the idea of throwing in a musical instrument. A small maraca, harmonica or kazoo. Although, I might second guess myself the morning of. Love these wooden musical instruments, or this darling kazoo too.
- Something classic: Got have a candy cane (or two or three) in there.
- An ornament: This year we are going to start including an ornament in our daughters’ stockings.
- An essential: socks, underwear, tights. Throw in whatever your kid is needing at the moment. Love Hanna Andersson tights and socks.
- A puzzle: I love include a mind game or puzzle. Something to challenge them. This Flexi puzzle is perfect, and a great size!
- Some arts and crafts: include a fresh box of crayons, stickers, or something to add to their art supplies. Hazel is getting her first pair of scissors!
- Something old school: Even in an age of technology kids can’t help but be mesmerized by great old school toys like bouncy balls, wind up toys, or slinkys.
- A favorite thing: Be sure include their favorite candy or sweet.
- Something miniature: Stockings were made for miniature versions of things so take full advantage (miniature Nutella I’m talking to you).
Is putting together your own stocking overwhelming, or running out of time? Check out my brilliant friends company, Secret Cake Society. She’ll fill your stocking for you!