Advice for baby shower gifts is the most common text and email I get from family and friends. I guess having three kids makes you somewhat of an expert in that area! So, I thought I’d share a few of those favorite gifts with you today. Baby shower gifts are fun because you can gift them either something they really need, or something special they might not buy for themselves. Here’s a list of carefully edited gifts I recommend again and again…
1. The comfiest footed pjs. My babies live in footed pjs for the first few months and these ones from Giggle are really soft and great quality. If you’re looking to buy in bulk, check out the Australian brand, BONDS Wondersuits. Very reasonable, super comfy, and free shipping to the states over $100.
2. After footed pjs, my newborns are in onesies and leggings most often. These ones from Mabo Kids are just the best. Amazing quality and the perfect striped fabric.
3. If they aren’t in footed pjs all day, they’ll need something to cover those toes. Newborn socks slip off really easily, but these Zutano soft booties are perfect for covering newborn toes.
4. SPLURGE: A pair of Freshly Picked crib moccasins in practically every color of the rainbow is such a sweet gift, and a great start to a fabulous collection of the best made baby shoes out there.
5. Babies were meant to be dressed in bonnets every day and the ones from Briar Handmade are our very favorite (plus, their new line is to die for!). I’d pick a neutral bonnet + soft sherpa lining that can go with everything and in a size a tad big (like 3-6 months at least) so they can get the most wear out of it. Edie still wears her 18 month ones!
Keep reading for baby toys and more…
1. My ongoing love affair with wooden baby toys continues with this white bunny roller (gorgeous to display as well in the nursery).
2. Pull along toys were how both Edie and Henry learned to walk, and this colorful elephant one is such a classic.
3. Not only beautifully designed, but this Plush Baby Basics Book is perfect for newborn eyes learning to see.
5. I have a thing for Sara O’Leary’s books and this one called When I Was Small might be my very favorite (and where we found Dot’s name!)
6. HABA makes some of the best baby toys, including these colorful wooden balls. Made in Germany, shipped via Amazon Prime! My kind of last minute baby shower gift.
1. SPLURGE: I was gifted a Coyuchi stroller blanket when Dot was born and it quickly became our very favorite snuggle blanket. It’s amazingly soft, a generous size, and the perfect weight.
2. We love these Emoi mushroom night lights so much we have one in each of our kid’s rooms (they come in green and pink). The light is perfectly soft, and they can pick the color they want it to glow each night. We’ve been through a few night lights and these are our favorite. Bonus: Amazon Prime!
3. Every new mom quickly learns that pacifier clips are A. total necessity and B. sadly, all ugly looking. These leather clips from Etsy are excellent quality and come in a variety of great looking, neutral colors. If you’re feeling crafty, here’s our tutorial for making them yourself!
4. I have dozens of swaddle blankets but I found these organic muslin ones from Marguax and May to be amazingly soft, even at the first wear.
6. SPLURGE: Solly Wraps have great designs, and small enough to throw in your diaper bag. A simple, stylish way to wear your sweet new baby.