This past weekend we went apple picking up in Petaluma and came home with this gorgeous lot above of early fall apples. Thought it would be fun to share some apple recipes I love. I’ll share ten of my personal favorites, and ten more I’m dying to try. What are you itching to make with apples this fall?
Keep reading for 20 recipes…
I’ll start with some of my favorites:
1. Our family’s apple crisp is a classic. Every year growing up my father (who always made the desserts) would make an apple crisp after a long day of apple picking in upstate NY. Brings back so many wonderful memories!
1 c. sugar
1 c. flour
1 tsp. salt
Crumble above together with one cube butter. Stir in 1 unbeaten egg in mixture. Place above on top of a small cake pan filled half way with apples peeled and sliced. Cinnamon should be sprinkled on apples before topping is place on top. Bake at 375 for 35 min.
2. Applecake. This is another family recipe that was passed through our church growing up. Delicious!
Mary Clayton’s Applecake
Boil until tender:
5 apples cut
1 c. brown sugar
½ c. water
2 T. butter
1 c. sugar
4 c. flour
2 tsp. soda
1 tsp. cinnamon
2 tsp. salt
½ tsp. nutmeg
½ tsp cloves or allspice
Bake at 350 for 35 minutes.
3. Apple Pumpkin Muffins. These are Jared’s favorite. So good! Planning on making them tonight.
4. German Apple Pancakes for an amazing fall breakfast
6. Apple Cider Donuts. These are absolutely amazing, from our food contributor last fall.
7. Homemade Apple Turnovers (in 5 minutes!)
9. Crockpot Granny Smith Apple Sauce . I still have dreams of this stuff!
And 10 recipes I’m dying to try this fall:
11. Green Apple Sorbet. Woah!
12. Classic Apple Crumble (image above)
14. Brown Butter Apple Tart. This sounds incredible!
15. Apple pancakes
16. Salted Caramel Apple Pie Bars. Must try these (image above)
17. Caramel Apple Popovers. OH yum!
19. Apple Fritter Rings (image above)
20. Cinnamon Sugar Apple Sauce Muffins (great after school snack)
Top images by Liz Stanley