We’re having a great back to school themed week here! Monday we made a colorful family calendar, yesterday we organized our after school snacks into pretty jars and today we have this easy DIY notebook tea cloth, which would make a great teacher gift. If you remember, we’ve done a couple notebook themed projects before like the notebook lined tee and the notebook tote (another great teacher gift!).
Keep reading to see how we made these notebook lined tea cloths…
Photography by Liz Stanley. Assisted by Sara Albers
1. Measure out your soft linen into hand towel size.
2. Make 1 inch marks down the front with a pencil and ruler.
3. Start sewing along those lines with bright blue thread.
4. To hem we used no-sew hem tape, just fold it twice and iron the strip inside of the hem.
5. With embroidery thread and an embroidery needle, make a dashed red line about 4 inches from the edge.
Iron and you’re done!
copyright 2017 liz stanley // all rights reserved
Hi there! I'm Liz Stanley. Born and raised a New Yorker I now live in the fairytale city of San Francisco with my husband, son, and baby girl. This lifestyle site is a collection of pretty, creative, and budget-friendly ideas to Say Yes to a more crafty, stylish, and family-focused life. MORE >>>
HGTV • Hyundai Ad • Lean Cuisine Ad • Levi's Ad featured on Hulu • Martha Stewart • Parents Magazine • Pregnancy and Newborn Print Magazine Feature • Real Simple Magazine • San Francisco Chronicle Feature • The Huffington Post • TLC