By food contributor Brittany
It’s always nice to have something light and fresh to break up the traditional heavy thanksgiving yumminess and this salad will definitely do that. What I love most about it is how colorful and seasonal it is! You can easily chop and prepare the dressing a day before and then toss everything together the day of Thanksgiving for easy & fast assembly!
Keep reading for the recipe…Persimmon, Jicama & Pomegranate Salad
makes about 4-6 servings
1 head of romaine
1-2 ripe fuyu persimmons
1/2 small jicama
1 small garlic clove
3 tbsp. olive oil
1 tbsp. lime/lemon juice
1/2 tsp. agave or honey
1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. freshly ground pepper
1/8 tsp. cumin (optional)
1/2 c. roasted pepitas
1. Cut, wash, and dry romaine lettuce. Hull, peel, & cut persimmon in thin slices. And set aside.
2. Peel jicama and julienne into thin matchstick pieces. Set aside.
3. Remove seeds from the pomegranate and set them aside.
4. Mince garlic and add to olive oil. Squeeze half a lemon/lime and add the honey/agave, salt, pepper, cumin to the olive oil as well. Whisk.
5. Top lettuce with jicama, persimmons and as many pomegranates as you’d like and garnish with pepitas!