• DIY Neon Nursery Wall Hooks

neonanimalhooks6bWanted to share this fun neon wall hook rack we made for baby’s nursery. I posted the full nursery tour yesterday if you want to check it out! There isn’t a lot of floor space so we have to get creative with storage and wall hooks became a natural necessity.

neonanimalhooks7bI’ve seen quite a few projects using toy animals and have always loved neon pink + white as a modern take on a girls room. Currently hanging swaddles, blankets, and hooded towels on these cute neon animal heads.

Keep reading to see how to make one yourself…

Photography and styling by Liz Stanley. Assisted by Isabelle Ambler

neonanimalhooks2bStep 1: Picked up a piece of wood at our local hardware store. They were also happy to cut our animal heads too!  Otherwise, you could use a saw. Started with a pack of animals from amazon and spray painted them hot pink.

neonanimalhooks1Step 2: Sanded the wood well, then spray painted it white

neonanimalhooks3 Step 3: Installed hardware on the back for hanging on the wall

neonanimalhooks4bStep 4: Applied hot glue to the inside rim of the cut animals

neonanimalhooks5bStep 5: Glue into place. We were surprised how sturdy they were, but you could also use screws to reinforce them from the back.

1. Rachel Beatty said… November 25, 2013 5:11 pm

Hi Liz!
      I’m so happy for you and baby Edie – she is beautiful. As a mom of three little girls I know how much fun you are going to have. Can you send the link to the amazon animals that you used? I’d love to make this project!
      Thanks!

2. Erin said… November 12, 2013 4:53 pm

What a great idea! Now I definitely want to do this….

blog / bloglovin’

3. Hannah said… November 12, 2013 7:37 am

Those are so sweet! I think for an adult doing them in gold would be amazing as well.

4. alice said… November 12, 2013 7:16 am

oh my goodness! i am already in the process of making something similar for my son’s bday! i felt a bit odd hacksawing the animals though.

• Stacey said… November 12, 2013 8:46 am

Alice, your comment about hacking the animals made me laugh:) This is so adorable. I think I’ll make one for my kids’ room using a boy/girl friendly color. But I absolutely love the idea!

5. Preeti Kaur said… November 12, 2013 6:46 am

Thats a fantastic idea 🙂 M going to try this soon <3

personalfashionhub.com

6. Rachel | 52 Weeks Project said… November 11, 2013 4:40 pm

What a cute idea! And how smart to have someone at the hardware store cut the animals for you. I bought some animals a while back but just can’t cut them with anything I have on hand in my apartment!

7. Gabrielle said… November 11, 2013 2:04 pm

So lovely i’m planning on making some!

8. Sara said… November 11, 2013 11:31 am

Love these, fantastic project!