• Pastel Dipped Milk Bottle Vases

pastel dipped milk glasses DIY

I re-purposed the mini milk bottles from the flavored milk post earlier this week to make these pretty pastel dipped vases. I love how these look lined up together on a plain white tablecloth. They’d be particularly cute for a baby shower, or just a pretty bottle to drink something yummy out of.

pastel dipped milk glasses DIY

pasteldippedmilkglasses6

Check out this really easy technique for getting that perfect ‘dipped’ look that’s so popular right now…

PS Quick Update: I love Ashley’s idea on instagram to save up and re-use those mini starbucks bottles for this purpose!

Photography and styling by Liz Stanley. Assisted by Hanalei Gene and Devon Cone

Directions:

1. Clean off jars well (I bought my set of mini milk bottles here on etsy)
    2. Grab a thick rubberband and wrap it around the bottom of the bottle so it’s a nice ‘dipped’ angle shape (see below)
    3. Apply craft paint beneath the rubber band. I love this set from Martha Stewart
    4. Apply a second coat. When dry, snip off the rubber band with scissors, which is better than trying to roll it off the bottle we found and potentially getting built up wet paint on the other parts of the bottle.

pastel dipped milk glasses DIY

1. Gaby [The Vault Files] said… June 30, 2013 6:33 pm

I loved this so much that I just made a version of it with mason jars, thanks so much! :)

2. DIY #10 | Pleasant Strings said… June 26, 2013 5:54 pm

[...] have your permission). You will have a chance of earning the SHOUT OUT OF THE MONTH for July. Click here to visit the [...]

3. [...] Pastel dipped milk bottle vases via Say Yes to Hoboken: Check out this really easy technique for getting that perfect ‘dipped’ [...]

4. Tips + Tricks | Pink Peony Events said… June 19, 2013 5:42 pm

[...] Say Yes to Hoboken‘s technique for creating these perfectly dipped milk bottle vases. So simple + pretty… especially with pink peonies! [...]

5. Julia @ FaveCrafts said… June 19, 2013 10:17 am

What a cute project! I love it so much that I decided to feature it in our roundup of party crafts! Check it out here: http://www.favecraftsblog.com/party-crafts/

Have a great day!

6. Link Love: Crafts for a Party said… June 19, 2013 10:16 am

[...] Pastel Dipped Milk Bottle Vases from Say Yes To Hoboken [...]

7. Vanessa @ See Vanessa Craft said… June 17, 2013 12:01 pm

Super cute!! Pinned :)

8. tereza said… June 17, 2013 12:05 am

super cute idea!! I will need to make some soon!

9. LIVLIG-online.com // for life's a DIY project said… June 14, 2013 12:44 pm

[...] / 2 / 3 / 4 / 5 / 6 / 7 / 8 / 9 / [...]

10. Weekend Wind Down » The Lovely Bits said… June 7, 2013 5:12 am

[...] Pastel dipped vases to make out of your old Starbuck’s mini glass bottles. Cute party decor that could also be a parting gift for guests. [...]

11. Nina said… June 6, 2013 6:00 pm

Stop it! This is the cutest thing ever! I once took some old wine bottles and painted them with chalk paint. My brothers then stole them from me. I’m totally going to make these! Maybe I’ll do a few that are painted in chalk paint and then dip the bottoms in pretty colors. Love it!

12. M&K said… June 6, 2013 5:29 pm

Love these pretty pastel milk bottle vases! And love the flowers you chose for them. So pretty and inspirational! Thanks for sharing! M&K at brewedtogether.com

13. Somethingtosmileabout said… June 6, 2013 5:16 pm

Pretty, and perfect for summer!

14. Jenny said… June 6, 2013 5:09 pm

So lovely!!

15. Lisette Wolter-McKinley said… June 6, 2013 3:35 pm

Pretty and festive!

16. Lindsay - Ella Lou said… June 6, 2013 2:44 pm

Very pretty and festive (especially with peonies in them!). And, I love the idea of upcycling frappuccino (or even glass soda bottles) to make them!

• Liz Stanley said… June 6, 2013 3:05 pm

I know, I thought that idea was so smart (and economical!)

17. Cindy @ My Bella Vida said… June 6, 2013 2:08 pm

Adorable!! I love these!

18. sarahandrob said… June 6, 2013 1:15 pm

Really pretty and perfect for summer parties. Great tip about the rubber bands. I would have never thought to do that

19. Nancy R said… June 6, 2013 12:58 pm

These are so pretty and yes I agree a baby shower would be perfect time to make them!