• Acid Wash

By fashion contributor Ashley

acidwash-01
    A few weeks ago I did a post on the comeback of overalls and asked if this was a trend you were on board with. The reviews were mixed… so I decided to throw out another “comeback trend” to get your opinion on…. ACID WASH! As cute as I think these pictures are, I have to say I think this trend is a pass for me. What about you? Are you into the acid wash look?

Jacket | Jeans

PS Liz here! Didn’t think I was on board with this trend until I found this pink pair I posted on instagram.

1. [...] look ginormous. Side note: Such talent! I should have been an architect. Acid wash jeans…the trend is back. I find it amusing because┬áthis is one of the few trends I actually remember from my lifetime that [...]

2. Nousha said… April 12, 2013 10:53 am

I’m not a big fan of acid wash but It’s only a matter of time. We will see a trend a lot then we get use to it and it becomes new fashion again!! Like skinny jeans or 60′s fashion that are very popular now.

3. Lauren said… April 11, 2013 9:41 am

I like the acid wash look on black jeans but I probably wouldn’t wear it.

4. Vale said… April 11, 2013 9:32 am

Yes to the Pink!!!

5. Cheri said… April 11, 2013 12:00 am

Myself, I always loved the acid wash look – especially on black jeans. I was disappointed when jeans shopping for myself last month that the black acid wash jeans weren’t available in my size. :(

6. Jamie said… April 10, 2013 6:50 pm

I’m an 80′s girl at heart and will forever love the acid wash. Big fat YES from me.

7. Jess said… April 10, 2013 12:40 pm

Maybe an acid wash on grey, but definitely not the acid wash on blue of my late 80s through 90s childhood again.

Fun fact, though: I observed this trend in Moscow last summer. It just never left Russia.

• Ashley Aikele said… April 10, 2013 2:17 pm

I agree that the grey ones aren’t bad, or even the cute pink ones that Liz got!
        I wonder what other countries acid wash jeans never left? :)

8. Sarah said… April 10, 2013 11:33 am

I never have been a fan of acid wash!

Sarah

9. giulia said… April 10, 2013 11:03 am

i’m from the late 90s so all these ‘old’ trends that are coming back now feel totally ‘new’ to me. haha. i love how these girls wear it, but i think it really depends on HOW you wear the clothes. i’m not sure i could pull it off as well…

10. Jessica said… April 10, 2013 8:24 am

As a woman in her mid twenties, I find it hilarious that trends from my childhood are already “back” – I totally rocked some overalls, neon hightop sneakers & acid wash jeans with the best of them back in the 90s. What’s next scrunchies (please say NO, not even the Heathers made those look decent!)
      xx
      Here&Now

11. Maggie | 2ndhand Knowledge said… April 10, 2013 7:23 am

I’m a 90′s kid, and I’ve always looked back at pictures of my siblings and me when we were younger and laughed at our acid wash jeans. My mom (who owns a consignment boutique, so keeps up with fashion trends) has told me that trends to to cycle back around every 20 years or so, and this is one of the first trends I actually remember from my lifetime that has come back. I’ve seen some acid wash items I love (a blogger I follow wore some polka dotted acid wash jeans that were adorable), but there are still plenty that I’d definitely pass on.