• Overalls. Yes or No?

By fashion contributor Ashley

In fashion lately we’ve seen just about every style from every decade creep back into the latest trends, so it was only a matter of time till overalls came back around. The last time I wore overalls was in 5th grade, complete with cartoon characters on the bib…hardly a fashion statement! But, I have to say, I might actually be willing to go for a round two on the overalls. After all, they are SUPER comfortable and if styled right they don’t look half bad either. SO, are you a fan? Would you wear them again (Did you wear them the first time around)?

Overalls 1 / Overalls 2

1. Mun said… March 12, 2013 5:36 pm

Yes when I see pairings like the ones above but as for myself….. hmn…. maybe I would be brave enough to wear them one day ;P

2. Kreetta said… March 12, 2013 1:21 am

Hi Liz! These overalls are much more stylish than what we had in 90’s. I might try them. They are slim and looks pretty nice. We had big and loose and peace sign as a necklace. Actually do you remember wearing overalls the back in front like the two boys in the band Criss Cross wore their trousers and overalls…http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=010KyIQjkTk
      hmm….

3. Tan of Squirrelly Minds said… March 7, 2013 10:03 pm

I so called the comeback of overalls not long ago. We’re just finishing up with revamped 80’s and are slipping back into the 90’s.

I had way too many pairs to remember.
      (overalls all the way!)

4. Trina said… March 7, 2013 12:46 pm

i don’t think i could do them again. i loved them the first time around. and i’d be willing to give them a go again if maybe i could accessorize with long super model legs 🙂

xo . trina

5. Julie said… March 7, 2013 6:58 am

I loved overalls in the 90’s. I worked at Express and they were marked down to nothing, probably because they did not sell, and I bought a ton of them. I wore them on a road trip to New Orleans with friends, to Greatful Dead concerts, everywhere!! I thought I looked so cute in them and would wear them forever. They were given to good will years ago but I will always have great memories of them. Today? Wouldn’t be caught dead in them!

6. Lena said… March 6, 2013 8:16 pm

No. That is all. Just NO.

7. Akshara Vivekananthan said… March 6, 2013 7:37 pm

Hmm…these overalls look interesting. They definitely seem more feminine, especially Overalls 2, so I would give them a shot.

8. Stephanie @ henry happened said… March 6, 2013 7:05 pm

Hmm, not sure I’m brave enough for this trend … those gals look great but I’m pretty sure it wouldn’t be quite the same on me!

9. Katie said… March 6, 2013 4:04 pm

I’m a little ashamed to admit that I’ve been saving overalls for the last 15 or so years, hoping they’d come back in style (they are SO comfy). If they do make a comeback I’m ready!

10. Maggie | 2ndhand Knowledge said… March 6, 2013 3:20 pm

I love overalls. I definitely think the slimmer cut, dark denim ones are the way to go – It makes them look a lot more feminine than the ones I wore as a kid.

11. Merrick said… March 6, 2013 2:42 pm

Sad to say I wore them til I was nearly fifteen! The worst was when I was given wedgies from the kids that sat behind me in class! Mortifying.

It brings back some unfortunate memories, so I’m pretty sure it’s a no go for me. But then again, I’ve said that with pretty much every trend for years!

12. Miggy said… March 6, 2013 11:15 am

Not only did I wear them the first time around I borrowed them from my boyfriend. Yes, my boyfriend wore them–we’re talking late 90’s. I hated them on him though and never returned them… I still use them for painting and projects around the house. So I’m just not sure I would ever do them again. Yes the styles above are a cuter version, but still…

• Ashley Aikele said… March 6, 2013 12:17 pm

Haha. I love this story. It reminds me of when my boyfriend (now husband) accidentally “lost” my chapstick because he hated the flavor.

13. Carina said… March 6, 2013 10:56 am

The last time I wore overalls was in elementary school, and I wasn’t so happy about wearing them then. So, I think this is a trend I will be skipping 🙂

14. Brittany said… March 6, 2013 10:37 am

I’m firmly in the maybe camp. I like them on other people, but as a lady with a pretty big chest, I’m not sure if they would be flattering on me. If someone can find me a picture of someone with a Kate Upton level rack rocking the overalls, then I will be completely sold.

15. brooke field said… March 6, 2013 10:23 am

Yes! They are adorable.

16. Val said… March 6, 2013 10:05 am

Hell to the naw. This “style” is ridiculous for anyone over the age of 11, unless living on a farm.

17. Carly said… March 6, 2013 8:00 am

YES! I wore them the first time around but I totally think they are being done differently now and can look super cute without being too grade-school-cutesy. I love them cuffed and rolled at the bottom with a great ankle boot. I am still on the search for my perfect pair of overalls!

• Liz Stanley said… March 6, 2013 2:01 pm

I agree they’re being done different now it looks like. They’re more tapered at the bottom which is what makes them more modern. Seems like they’re similar to the boyfriend jean trend, slouchy and not necessarily flattering but a look, none the less. Still not sure I can jump on board on this trend though!

18. Giulia said… March 6, 2013 7:19 am

No, never! I don’t think anyone looks their best in overalls – I remember my time in shorts overalls in school. Yikes.

19. Lacy said… March 6, 2013 6:43 am

LOVE these! Definitely need these for our new farm. Where are the first ones from? The link just takes me to the photo. Need some budget friendly ones here!

xo

20. Brittni said… March 6, 2013 6:35 am

If the overalls look like that, I say yes! Love the way both pairs are styled.

21. Ros said… March 6, 2013 6:05 am

Yes, but only if you’re actually doing farm work while you’re wearing them!