By craft contributor Lauren
Throw pillows are one of the easiest ways to add a little color and change up your home between seasons and holidays. So I thought it would be fun to give ours some St. Patrick’s Day love with a festive pillow. Make one or a few of these painted and stitched pillows in any of your own phrases or sketches!
Here is what you need for this “lucky” version…
– plain white pillow case
– 3 shades of green paint
– gold embroidery thread
– paint brushes and a needle
1. Sketch out the letters, or use a stencil if you’d like
2. Fill in the “L” with the darkest, the “C” with the middle tone and the “Y” with the lightest
3. Mix the darkest and middle tone of paint and fill in the “U”, then mix the middle tone with the lightest and fill in the “Y”. Now you have yourself a little ombre action.
4. Next use large stitches and outline each letter with your gold thread.
I can’t guarantee you won’t get pinched, but your couch will sure look good!
copyright 2017 liz stanley // all rights reserved
Hi there! I'm Liz Stanley. Born and raised a New Yorker I now live in the fairytale city of San Francisco with my husband, son, and baby girl. This lifestyle site is a collection of pretty, creative, and budget-friendly ideas to Say Yes to a more crafty, stylish, and family-focused life. MORE >>>
HGTV • Hyundai Ad • Lean Cuisine Ad • Levi's Ad featured on Hulu • Martha Stewart • Parents Magazine • Pregnancy and Newborn Print Magazine Feature • Real Simple Magazine • San Francisco Chronicle Feature • The Huffington Post • TLC