• Trend Crush: Shiny Black Leggings

(image from Emerson Fry)

When I spotted this image on Gabby’s post last month about wearing black on black, I immediately began searching for a pair of shiny black leggings. I’ve seen them styled really edgy which I wasn’t sold on, but this casual image above was actually what convinced me to buy a pair. I like the touch of rock star in it, and I feel a tiny bit like a rock star in them.

When I was in NYC a couple weeks ago for a styling event I wore them with red bensimons, a chunky sweater (similar), and a chambray shirt underneath.

Is this a trend that I’ll look back on in a few years and cringe at? Ok, maybe; but in the meantime I have a huge crush on my shiny black leggings!

PS I love the pair I bought from Asos here (only $28!)

What do you think of this trend?

1. This girl loves to talk said… January 10, 2013 3:28 am

the shirt has to be long… the jacket provides the length in the first photo.. you look cute in yours … but I think shirt needs to be longer for most of us.

2. Marigold said… January 9, 2013 3:51 pm

Ooh, that’s a toughie. I LOVE them in that top image and I think they look super cute on you, but I don’t know if I could pull them off! I’ve got a lot going on in the back, though. I think I would put them on in the morning, look in the mirror, walk around the house, look in the mirror and then swap them for jeans just before leaving the house.
      Anyway! I’m visiting via the Alt Summit site and I just wanted to stop by and say hello! I’m looking forward to your talk and I hope to get a chance to say hello in person :)

3. Rischel said… January 9, 2013 1:12 pm

These look great on your tiny little legs! But they are definitely not for everyone’s legs, I would wear these if I could!

4. Monica Lee said… January 9, 2013 4:39 am

Ahhhh, to be that skinny! That can be a hard look to sport for me, even at the gym haha!

5. Hanalei Gene said… January 7, 2013 9:24 pm

Ha I of course LOVE this trend! I picked up my shiny black pair in Taiwan (yes, during my mission–I was always on the fashion look-out!). There are a million ways to style them….in LOVe.

6. Ana said… January 7, 2013 9:22 am

I love this look and I also own a pair of them. They just don’t fit well anymore. ;) Resolution for this year, make them fit again. ;)

• Liz Stanley said… January 7, 2013 12:30 pm

good resolution! or maybe might be easier to get another pair..haa

7. robyn said… January 7, 2013 8:01 am

i juuuuuuust convinced myself recently that skinny jeans are not necessarily something i should avoid like the plague. i am clearly not ready for shiny leggings.

you do, however, look very rock star-ish.

8. Maria said… January 7, 2013 7:07 am

Ooh, I love this look. I may look back on it and cringe as well, but it was fun while it happened. xo, Maria

• Liz Stanley said… January 7, 2013 10:16 am

Haa it’s true, but fun while it lasts. I still cringe at the overalls i wore in college so this might end up being similar!