• New Years Look for Less

By fashion contributor Ashley

The Look by Madewell

jacket | blouse | skirt | shoes | polish

The trend of mixing patterns has been turned up a notch by adding different textures and I’m head over heels for it! I love this outfit because of the mix of different fabrics; sequins, silk, and heavy cotton. The balance of the three creates a perfect casual glam look for a new years party. Would you wear this look for new years?

1. dani said… December 27, 2012 9:38 am

Liz –

Love this look for less! I am a huge fan of mixing textures, patterns, and colors… and if it includes not-your-mothers-sequins then I am even more a fan!

I love the idea of this look for less since $140 is a heck of a lot better than $670! Although I may just splurge on the skirt and skimp on the others.

Dani // andbubblegum.com

• Ashley Aikele said… December 27, 2012 1:20 pm

I agree about splurging on the skirt! Sometimes the web is limiting when it comes to shopping. The good news is I am sure you could recreate this look for even less by looking at sales racks and thrift stores. Glad you liked the look!

2. Maggie | 2ndhand Knowledge said… December 26, 2012 5:58 pm

Love this look! I already own several similar pieces, so I think I could recreate this pretty well. Thanks for sharing!

3. Melissa | I Still Love You said… December 26, 2012 12:07 pm

Oh I would totally wear this for a New Year’s party or for anything. Unfortunately Chris and I will be apart for the new year, so I have a feeling I’ll be going to bed shortly after I put the kiddos down.

Maybe I should still have a little party for myself and get dolled up anyway and make Italian sodas for 1.

4. Emily | Sparkle Meets Pop said… December 26, 2012 10:51 am

I love this look!

5. Katie said… December 26, 2012 9:58 am

Love the idea of pairing a girly blouse with a military type shirt/jacket! Thanks for the inspiration! :)