• Easy and Last Minute Couples Costumes Part 2

Today is Part 2 of the Couples Costume ideas! The whole idea behind these couples costume ideas are they’re last minute and things you should be able to throw together from items you probably already have in your closets.

On Monday I shared Part 1, bandits and Mad Men and today I’m sharing two more starting with this fun Mary Poppins and Bert costume idea.

Mary Poppins and Bert is a great costume idea because most everyone recognizes these characters from their childhood (sadly, I’m not sure if all kids would these days!). I can imagine mimicking the character’s personalities would be a blast as well.

Mary Poppins details:

Emily made the chimney sweep with a long dowel stuck in to a black spray painted styrofoam ball and I stuck black pipe cleaners in it. To make the hat, Emily just glued fake flowers onto a bowler hat from Forever21.

Katrina: thrifted blousewool skirt Banana Republic / bolo tie from Freshly Picked / Belt – GoJane.Com /shoes from J.Crew/Bowler hat – F21 / Luggage – secondhand / umbrella – Target
    Quinn: Reconstructed Dockers/Big Mac shirt 1971 shirt/ White waffle Tee, tweed vest, and newsboy hat – Target / red scarf – secondhand

And the last couples costume idea…

The last idea is bikers! Note: An actual motorcycle is a plus but not necessary.

This should be super easy to pull together with leather jackets, utility boots, and patterned jeans in fashion right now!

Biker details:

Katrina: band tee – vintage / cheetah jeggings – Target (girl’s) / boots – dr. martens / leather jacket – gap / fringe vest – f21 / scarf – secondhand.
    Quinn: harley davidson tee – seconhand / pants- reconstructed dockers/jacket-leather bomber/shoes-Eastland Boots/wrist scarf-forever21

Once again, Big thanks to photographer Ashley Thalman, stylist Emily Frame of Bijou Market, hair/makeup artist Bethany Kartchner, and models Katrina and Quinn of QP Collections.

1. What You Wearing, GRRL? | Beginners Blog said… November 9, 2012 9:33 pm

[...] great couples costume ideas from Liz Stanley of Say Yes to Hoboken! Mary Poppins, Bandits, Mad Men, oh [...]

2. Fashion Friday « said… October 26, 2012 10:57 am

[...] consider dressing up as a robber, a Mad Men character, Mary Poppins or a biker as seen here and here. So [...]

3. Kitty Walsh said… October 22, 2012 5:36 am

Mary Poppins – a great idea! And I think even kids these days will get it. My niece adores Mary Poppins, she is always listening to the songs, and even named her kitten Mary.

4. Weekly Rewind « Fossil Blog said… October 19, 2012 10:11 am

[...] 3. Oh so cute last minute costumes. [...]

5. Caitlyn said… October 19, 2012 7:41 am

Katrina looks so much like Kristen Bell in the first photo. Maybe it’s just me… but for a second there I was like “what is Kristen Bell doing modeling that costume…”

• Liz Stanley said… October 19, 2012 7:28 pm

ha! never saw that before but i totally see it now

6. Elizabeth Miller said… October 19, 2012 7:12 am

Wonderful ideas! I’ve always wanted to dress up as Mary Poppins. So cute!

7. Chick Tyler said… October 19, 2012 6:45 am

Oh my gosh. These are so cute and creative! Love it!
      Thanks for posting this!

8. Tia said… October 18, 2012 11:59 pm

Love the Mary Poppins and Bert! My husband and I dressed up like that last year and won “Best Couples Costume” at the party we attended. This year we have our brand new baby boy in tow, and I just finished his costume. Together we will be a “fiesta”. Our little guy will be dressed up as a pinata, my husband will wear a sombrero and mustache, and I’ll be wearing a bright Mexican dress. We are excited! Here’s the link to our Mary Poppins and Bert costume:

We love easy, simple, and fun costumes!

• Liz Stanley said… October 19, 2012 7:10 am

Love your costumes last year and your getup this year sounds amazing!

9. {amy k.} said… October 18, 2012 1:33 pm

i’m all about easy and great looking costumes- these are fabulous! any ideas for an 8 month prego lady and her hubby? (i thought about juno and bleeker but decided it might not be appropriate to dress up as a pregnant teenager for a church function!) ??

• Liz Stanley said… October 18, 2012 8:06 pm

I think the juno idea is great!

10. Sharon @ Discovering Blog said… October 18, 2012 1:01 pm

LOVE Mary Poppins! She must perfect the way Julie Andrews would say, “Now, Bert…”
      I would have so much fun with that costume!

• Liz Stanley said… October 18, 2012 8:05 pm

yes! the best line

11. Michelle A said… October 18, 2012 10:05 am

What a sexy couple. I always thought a blonde Mary Poppins wouldn’t work, but Katrina totally pulls it off. Great job!!

• Liz Stanley said… October 18, 2012 8:07 pm

Aren’t they? Love them!

12. [...] Easy last minute costume ideas. Photographs for Say Yes to Hoboken. See original posts in two parts. Bandits and Man Men in Part 1 and bikers and Mary Poppins and Bert in Part 2. [...]

13. Christine Miner said… October 18, 2012 9:40 am

What a fab couple. I would totally be Mary Poppins. So cute

14. ptc said… October 18, 2012 9:31 am

This is lovely girl !

15. Carol said… October 18, 2012 9:00 am

Love how your man is game with doing these photo shoots. They look like a ton of fun and are very inspiring.

16. Shelly M said… October 18, 2012 8:48 am

Katrina makes an amazing Mary Poppins! Hot bikers too!

17. Debbie Naylor said… October 18, 2012 8:43 am

Fabulous ideas and who scored the amazing bike?