• Homemade Cinnamon Sugar Pretzels

Remember those big soft cinnamon pretzels you’d buy at the mall after spending your babysitting money at Contempo Casual? These are like waaaay better. I think they might be my new guilty pleasure. Right out of the oven hot, sugary, and buttery-they’re amazing!

Keep reading for the recipe and more photos of the process…

Check out the recipe I followed here at Our Best Bites , and below are some photos of the process as well:

The boiling with baking soda water (similar to making homemade bagels which I did here) is such a great trick to make the outside crusty and the insides soft!

1. Before We Go... | this heart of mine said… September 21, 2012 7:50 am

[...] Cinnamon and sugar is always good together. [...]

2. Christina said… September 18, 2012 5:09 pm

Wow. If that doesnt sound like heaven then I don’t know what does. CANNOT waaaaait to try these! Many thanks for sharing :)

mylettchronicals

3. Carrie said… September 15, 2012 7:03 pm

I found this recipe today and made them right away. Though they took time, it was easy and soooo worth the wait. My boys and I loved them….I still feel guilty for eating almost 2! Thanks for sharing!

4. rococo said… September 12, 2012 1:53 am

Love love love!Looks really yummy!Thanks for sharing the photos of process!

5. dervla @ The Curator said… September 10, 2012 8:15 pm

Malls will forever smell like those pretzels to me and even though I haven’t been in a mall in years, those memories would come flooding back if i smelled one of those pretzels. Have to try this recipe out!

6. l o v e l y t h i n g s said… September 10, 2012 6:45 pm

One of my favorite memories is a college trip with my daughter. We had just visited two schools and raced back to the train station in Philly to head back to NYC…The only option was a pretzel. We were so hungry…a pretzel and a lemonade never tasted so good. My daughter is now a high school senior…I may have to surprise her with these after school one day this week.

7. Inna said… September 10, 2012 11:38 am

omg amazing! contempo – lollll

8. Allie Shultz said… September 10, 2012 9:25 am

Yum! I will definitely have to try these, they look too good.

9. Carla said… September 10, 2012 7:54 am

Oh man my first real job was folding sweaters at Macy’s and I lived off those pretzels! I can’t wait to try these!

• Liz Stanley said… September 10, 2012 1:12 pm

haa totally. I worked as a music store (remember those?) and lived off them too!

10. sara said… September 10, 2012 7:51 am

I am SO trying these. SO.

11. chelsea said… September 10, 2012 6:43 am

Didn’t you know it’s called Contrampo? ha. I sorta miss those days. These look delicious!

• Liz Stanley said… September 10, 2012 1:05 pm

Haa totally comptrampo! I think I bought one too many short skirts there…