• Dressed Up Vs. Dressed Down

By fashion contributor Ashley of The Daily Bucket. Read more about my talented group of contributors right here.

look one by ruche | look two by madewell

For this versus post I want to hear what kind of fall girl you are. Do you like to wear tights and dresses layered with boots and scarfs like look one or are you more of a jeans and flannel girl like in look two? Being raised in Idaho flannel comes second nature to me and what I like even more than wearing a flannel shirt is wearing my husbands flannel shirt so I am siding with look 2. But that’s just me, how do you fall?

1. Cortney said… October 1, 2012 10:55 am

Im both… I take turns really… Im in love with sweaters this fall but i cant help loving the tights dress and boots combo as well

2. THE STEL STYLE said… September 27, 2012 1:02 am

I like these fall style!!!

3. Kristina said… September 26, 2012 7:41 pm

Oh I’m definitely into tights and boots. I love the girly vibe!

Kristina

Kristina does the Internets

4. Maggie said… September 26, 2012 6:55 pm

There’s no way I could decide between the two! I have a soft spot in my heart for each. I switch between the two.

5. Liz Stanley said… September 26, 2012 6:54 pm

Dressing down is easier for me but I always aspire to wear tights and boots with a skirt this time of year!

6. Elena @ Randomly Happy said… September 26, 2012 12:59 pm

Hooray. Glad to see I’m not the only one who enjoys both. One of the great things about life is its variety. I like to embrace that in my clothes, whether it’s boots + tights + a vintage dress, or drowning in an oversized plaid short.

Great versus post!

x Elena @ Randomly Happy

7. sara said… September 26, 2012 11:22 am

though many times I wish it weren’t the case, I dress down….WAY down. Great looks

• Ashley Aikele said… September 26, 2012 1:34 pm

One of the many reasons I love fall! Dressing down is widely accepted and even a fashion statement. Yay for cozy!

8. Christy Milford (@SweetSavoring) said… September 26, 2012 9:24 am

Love both looks! I used to be more casual, but lately I’ve been loving the dress-tights-sweater-scarf layered look more and more. Now I just need to find the perfect pair of boots….(not easy!)

• Ashley Aikele said… September 26, 2012 1:37 pm

I know what you mean about finding the perfect boots. I finally found a great long pair last year at a nine west outlet, and now I am on the hunt for a short pair. It never ends!

9. Emily said… September 26, 2012 9:19 am

both! I love skirts and boots, but corduroys and plaid is fun too. I will take it all!

creamyclothes.blogspot.com

10. My Soul is the Sky said… September 26, 2012 8:47 am

I am both! Tights, dresses, and boots by day because of a dresses-only work uniform, and jeans and flannel by night when I’m home and casual.

11. Heather | Vivid Hue Home said… September 26, 2012 8:45 am

I fall right in the MIDDLE! During the week, I’m look #1…when I have to trek to/from work and my kids’ school. During the weekend, I’m look #2 when I’m tugging kids to/from the soccer field. Ha, I highly doubt I EVER really look like either of these fabulous models, but in my head I sure as heck do….

Great fall post!

12. Christin said… September 26, 2012 8:28 am

Definitely look 2. I just like being super comfortable.