• Homemade Watermelon Slush

Ever since I tried a watermelon slush at Bunn Mi, I’ve been thinking about recreating it. Nothing is more refreshing in the summer than cold, sweet watermelon. Oh wait, there is: watermelon slush!

It’s super easy to make, and such a delicious result. I’ll be craving it now on every warm day so it’s a good thing we love watermelon around here. Watermelons are in peak season so it’s the perfect time to create this delicious drink.

Keep reading to see the full instructions and recipe!

1. Start off with an extra ripe, sweet watermelon. They’re in peak season right now so take advantage of the sweetness and buy one to eat and one for slush.

2. Cut about 3 cups of watermelon into small chunks. It’s best to start with a seedless watermelon so you don’t have all the work of de-seeding it.

3. Squeeze a full lime in and add about a cup of ice, 1 T of sugar (if it’s really sweet you won’t need any sugar), and a T of water (if your blender is fancy you won’t even need the water)

4. Blend until smooth! Keep ice and water on hand if you need to add more to get the right slush consistency.

Watermelon Slush:

3 cups of sweet watermelon, de-seeded

1 lime

1 cup of ice

1 T of sugar (optional)

1 T of water (optional)

Blend up and enjoy!

1. [...] Você vai precisar de: – 3 xícaras de melancia animalescamente doce e sem sementes. – 1 limão bonitão. – 1 copo de gelo. [...]

2. The Bright Side Project » Fresh Squeezed Friday said… August 31, 2012 12:01 am

[...] Homemade watermelon slush. Yes. Yes. Yes. [...]

3. End-of-August Friday | Breakfast in Moscow said… August 30, 2012 11:45 pm

[...] Watermelon slush (looks delicious! I’ve been looking for a recipe like this for all the delicious end-of-season watermelon) [...]

4. April Louise said… August 26, 2012 3:31 pm

Yummy! Reminds me of all the crushed fruit refreshments I lived for in Thailand!

5. Stacy Miller said… August 20, 2012 5:55 pm

wow, this looks amazing!!

6. maryann said… August 20, 2012 4:02 pm

My favorite watermelon summer drink is very similar…Fill up the blender 3/4 of the way with watermelon, and fill the rest of the way with frozen strawberries, and squeeze a fresh lime. It’s perfect.

• Liz Stanley said… August 20, 2012 4:06 pm

Oh that sounds perfect! I’ll have to give it a try

7. Carmela said… August 20, 2012 12:17 pm

I’ve been making these a lot lately. Something i do a little different – I freeze the cubed watermelon, especially when I’ve got an abundance of it that I can’t possibly consume right then. Throw the cubed watermelon in the blender with the other ingredients, minus the ice cubes – the frozen watermelon flesh makes the slushy consistency automatically!! This works with lemon juice as well for a slushy lemonade.

• Liz Stanley said… August 20, 2012 12:58 pm

Such a great idea! I’ll have to try that. It probably has a stronger watermelon flavor too since there’s no ice/water addition.

• Carmela said… August 20, 2012 1:03 pm

You’ll probably need more water to help the blades process the frozen watermelon chunks, but it depends on how powerful your blender is.

• Liz Stanley said… August 20, 2012 3:25 pm

I have the worst blender so thanks for the advice there!

8. Gina said… August 20, 2012 12:03 pm

Oh gosh, that looks delicious in this summer weather.

xo

9. natalie @ The SoHo said… August 20, 2012 9:16 am

I’ve been slushing it up all summer. This looks delish!

10. THE STEL STYLE said… August 20, 2012 7:35 am

i love it!!!!

11. Freya said… August 20, 2012 7:22 am

That looks AMAZING! I want to add a little bit of flavored rum to it too….But not for kids :)

12. Allie Shultz said… August 20, 2012 7:08 am

Awesome! Easy to make and looks so refreshing!