• The Look for Less

By fashion contributor Ashley of The Daily Bucket

I went to Madewell.com for today’s look for less inspiration and fell in love with this outfit. It feels so effortless, yet put together at the same time. I love the soft pink blouse paired with subtle black and white patterns. This look is a good example of pattern mixing for all you pattern mixing beginners out there, take two pieces that are the same colors but different patterns and don’t wear them RIGHT next to each other. It makes a classy statement without SCREAMING pattern mixing.

madewell look | blouse | pants | scarf | shoes

——

Also, 10 Least Favorite Summer Trends and 10 Must-Have Beach Items

1. Margaret Kline said… July 18, 2012 9:06 pm

I love recreating looks like this. It’s fun to try to put things together in a budget friendly way

2. Gina said… July 18, 2012 12:29 pm

Clothes for less. Thanks for this. I love this outfit.

xo

3. Elena said… July 18, 2012 9:07 am

Love it! Thank you :) I’m always trying to find “looks for less” because of my budget and to save time finding looks.

4. Shea said… July 18, 2012 9:01 am

I love this look and your affordable take on it! The pale pink and black look so pretty together!

5. Ashley Aikele said… July 18, 2012 8:12 am

Thanks Freya! I agree, fashion can be frustrating when it seems so far out of reach. It’s nice to find look a likes for a lower price and save our pennies to splurge on a few must have items.

6. Freya said… July 18, 2012 7:14 am

Man, I can never express how much I love segments like these. I think it’s such a great idea. If “high fashion” wasn’t so friggin high in PRICE then we could all easily afford it, right? But I think recreating looks from more…reasonably priced things is a great way to get trends and fashion out there! Love the shoes too!