• Trend Crush: Maxi Skirt

By fashion contributor Ashley of The Daily Bucket

I’ll be the first to admit that I was very hesitant when maxi dresses and skirts came back in. I finally caved and purchased my first maxi dress about a month ago and I can’t help but throw it on a couple times a week. It is SO cool and comfortable for summer which means I am already searching for another one (or two or three)! Here are a few of my favorite styles and inspirations from around the web.

The maxi dress | The midi maxi | The maxi skirt | The pregnant maxi

1. Tan said… July 2, 2012 9:57 am

Aren’t maxi’s amazing? I too was hesitant at first, especially the mid maxi as I thought it would make my 5’4 frame appear more like 5’0. But they’re just amazing looking and so comfortable!

2. Célèste said… June 27, 2012 10:09 am

It’s so funny. I felt exactly the same way about maxis when I first saw them a few years ago. They seemed so lazy and unstylish, like wearing sweats. But, this year, working at Anthropologie, I saw so many stylish women accessorize them well, and I became a total convert. I realized that the length can actually add more drama and glamor to an outfit.

I posted about it here: http://fashionisevolution.blogspot.com/2012/06/what-i-wore-today-06172012-tickled-pink.html

And wore the same skirt again the next day here: http://fashionisevolution.blogspot.com/2012/06/what-i-wore-today-06182012-crisscross.html

3. Sarah said… June 27, 2012 6:29 am

I’ve been on the lookout for one, but every time I almost purchase one, I find some excuse not to. I think it’s kind of like the search for a perfect pair of jeans- you just have to find the length that’s perfect for you.

• Liz Stanley said… June 27, 2012 11:27 am

I’m the same way, I keep on wanting to get one but can’t find the perfect one. Also, so many are really pricey! We’ll have to do a Look for Less on maxis!

4. Laura said… June 27, 2012 6:20 am

I love maxi dresses – they look so gorgeous on other women – but I’ve yet to find one that doesn’t drown me (at only 5ft) or that can be shortened without altering the overall shape. But, the search continues… I will find one!

5. Freya said… June 27, 2012 6:09 am

I’m trying to get on the Maxi train, I think they’re comfortable AND cute!! But I always think I look weird because I’m so tall…But maybe this midi-maxi would be a better bet for me! Cute dresses 🙂

Fromfreyawithlove.blogspot.com

• Ashley Aikele said… June 27, 2012 9:23 am

I agree! I think the midi would be a great choice! You might even be able to try one that is shorter in the front and longer in the back.