• How to Wear It: Hot Pink

This post is contributed by Ashley Aikele of The Daily Bucket

{photo via smitten studio, belt, polish, lipstick}
    If color isn’t the norm in your wardrobe then a good way to incorporate this look is to go subtle. Paint your nails, put a little color on your lip, or add a bright belt to your everyday outfit.

{photo via atlantic pacific, scarf, bag, sandal}
    Take it up a notch by adding a pop of pink with a bright scarf, a pair of summer sandals, or a new bag. Did you see Liz’s DIY hot pink clutch last week? It would be the perfect piece for this look.

{photo of Corinne Bailey Rae via Lee Oliveira, blouse, dress, pant}
    If you want to own this look then go with a statement piece. Like a hot pink dress, pink pants, or a vibrant blouse. Talk about a show stopper.

Some of this seasons hot pink color combinations. My favorite are the chambray and tangerine.

1. sarah sherman samuel said… May 31, 2012 10:24 am

Hey! I just came across this blog … love it!! and so fun to see my little belt in this great round up! SO FUN 🙂

2. Sara Strauss said… May 12, 2012 7:30 pm

Love this and hot pink! Great ideas!

3. Chedva said… May 2, 2012 1:54 pm

I love the “perfect pairs” in the end. So useful!

4. Heather said… May 2, 2012 1:25 pm

Love the hot pink, color and neon are everywhere right now! Are those sandals from target? If not they look very similar to some I saw there.

• Ashley Aikele said… May 2, 2012 2:23 pm

The sandals are Juicy Couture but thank you for a heads up about a look for less option at Target! I will have to go check them out.

5. Debbie W said… May 2, 2012 12:09 pm

Just that touch of hot pink in the first photo is perfection!

6. Elyse beard said… May 2, 2012 10:21 am

Oh yes. Hot pink pants, here I come

7. corrie anne said… May 2, 2012 9:15 am

ahhh… hot pink, i love you. hot pink + chambray is definitely my match!

8. Tiny and True said… May 2, 2012 8:40 am

I really think the only way I could feel comfortable wearing such a bright color is by doing it in subtle accessories rather than in larger pieces. I love the idea of the bright pink sandal! I generally go for neutrals so it would be a nice stretch for me.

• Ashley Aikele said… May 2, 2012 9:01 am

I am with you. I typically lean towards neutrals so hot pink accessories is probably as far as I will go with this look. I painted my nails hot pink this week though and I’ve been LOVING it!

9. Ashley Aikele said… May 2, 2012 7:46 am

Good eye! The polka dot shirt is from Madewell. It’s the perfect combination with the hot pink belt too.

Glad you are feeling brave and inspired! Go for it!

10. branae said… May 2, 2012 7:25 am

OH i am Loving all of the hot pink right now!! It is a must for me for summer and I can’t wait to get shopping and find all of the hot pink items especially hot pink pants 🙂 love it.

11. Sandra said… May 2, 2012 5:43 am

Is that polka dot shirt from Madewell? I think I have the grey with white dots version.

Oh, hot pink is scary but this is soooo inspiring with different levels of “bravery”! I think I might be tiptoeing into hot pink with the belt or the sandals…. Wish me luck!