• DIY: Upcycled Watering Jug

I’m working with Method on a few posts introducing their new Clean Happy Campaign. Their new May video, Say No to Jugs, is below the tutorial.

I’ve seen upcycled versions of all kind of things using old jugs but thought making a watering can jug was particularly useful. If you don’t have a garden, you could also poke random holes all around it and make a fun water toy for the bath! Henry loves playing with it during bath time now.

Would you like to see how to make it?

Step 1: Grab an old jug (laundry, juice, milk carton, anything big and plastic) and clean it out thoroughly. To get any ugly stickers off, soak them in hot water and peel slowly.

Step 2: Tighten the lid back on and then using a drill and a thin bit, poke a few random holes in the top. It took a little bit of pressure to get through but not too much. My lady muscles could handle it just fine.

Step 3: Fill up with water and screw the lid back on tight.

Keep reading to see Method’s latest “Say No to Jugs” video, and more about their concentrated laundry detergent…

I’m a huge fan of Method’s concentrated laundry detergent ever since I was introduce to them a couple years ago. So much smaller and lighter, plus they save 200 million gallons of water a year. Every little bit helps, right?

Also, you can enter to win a year’s supply of laundry detergent right here on Method’s facebook page. Plus, every Thursday during this month, there will be a $2.00 off coupon for Method laundry detergent right here. The coupon will only be on available to print on Thursdays.

1. Nadia said… May 29, 2012 3:56 pm

I wish I had seen this last week before I had bought a plastic watering jug! I will definitely make one for the back yard and a small one for my 14 month old daughter so she can “help” water the flowers.

2. Narelle @ Cook Clean Craft said… May 28, 2012 4:50 pm

I love the idea! And you can pick the bottle/jug size to suit to person doing the pouring. I’m going to have to rummage through the recycling to make some for my two kids.

3. franky said… May 28, 2012 1:28 pm

simple and very effective! great post! 2 thumbs up for reduce, reuse and recycle!

4. The Weekend Changes | Things Change said… May 25, 2012 9:30 pm

[…] DIY Upcycled Watering Jug. […]

5. Trisha Graham said… May 21, 2012 11:14 pm

Wonderful project and great way to reduce waste.

6. Wendy Ballster said… May 21, 2012 8:22 pm

great idea. We’ve been using method laundry detergent for a while now too. Such a brilliant idea

7. Christine Hansen said… May 21, 2012 12:32 pm

Ive been saving up jugs for something creative like this to spark some project. Thanks! And think you Method!

8. jacqueline @ thehourglassfiles said… May 21, 2012 10:59 am

This is so clever and totally a great way to cut down on trash by reusing packaging. Makes me regret buying a watering can last weekend.

• Liz Stanley said… May 21, 2012 6:33 pm

Agreed. I think if I upcycled more of my containers, my trash would be a lot less full

9. Camie said… May 21, 2012 10:12 am

So smart!! Beautiful garden too. I started using Methods laundry detergent and live it as well. So much easier.