This post is sponsored by Dove® ClearTone™ Deodorant – designed to visibly reduce underarm dark marks and even skin tone.
Bright lipstick has been a hot trend for a few seasons now. Up until a couple years ago I rarely wore lipstick and now I wear it when I’m headed anywhere one step up from the grocery store. I’ve learned a few things along the way, would you like to know my favorite lipstick tricks? I’d love to hear yours as well!
Images by Liz Daly Photography based in the Bay area.
1. No Lipstick Marks on Your Glass: Discreetly lick the rim of your glass before sipping. Seriously, try it! It works!
2. Mix Shades: Instead of buying a new lipstick this season, try layering shades you already have. Above I combined coral and red for a dark pink.
Keep reading to all six tricks, including my favorite tip for repairing a broken lipstick (Ugg. Don’t you hate when that happens?)
3. More Matte: Apply a layer of pressed powder in between coats to make the color more matte and intense.
4. DIY Tinted Lip gloss: Add dabs of your favorite lipstick shade onto your lip and then coat and smooth with a layer of clear gloss. Sometimes I add a bit more lipstick after the gloss is on if I want even more color.
5. Fill with Liner: Use liner on your lips to keep your lipstick color last longer. Fill in your entire lips with a lip liner shade similar to the shade of your lipstick. Add lipstick on top of the liner layer. The liner stays on much longer so you won’t have substitute teacher lips!
6. Repairing a Broken Lipstick: This might be my favorite tip! Instead of throwing away a broken lipstick, barely melt the broken off piece with a lit match. When it has melted a bit (only takes a few seconds), put the broken piece back on top of the base, and swivel it down. Let it harden in the fridge for at least 20 minutes before using.
copyright 2016 liz stanley // all rights reserved
Hi there! I'm Liz Stanley. Born and raised a New Yorker I now live in the fairytale city of San Francisco with my husband, son, and baby girl. This lifestyle site is a collection of pretty, creative, and budget-friendly ideas to Say Yes to a more crafty, stylish, and family-focused life. MORE >>>
HGTV • Hyundai Ad • Lean Cuisine Ad • Levi's Ad featured on Hulu • Martha Stewart • Parents Magazine • Pregnancy and Newborn Print Magazine Feature • Real Simple Magazine • San Francisco Chronicle Feature • The Huffington Post • TLC