• Trend Crush: Retro Bathing Suits

This post is contributed by Ashley Aikele of The Daily Bucket

With the scorching weather we had this last weekend we couldn’t help but escape to the coast to go relax on the beach. Apparently we weren’t the only ones with that idea because there were people everywhere! Its time to start hunting for the perfect bathing suit. Have you noticed all the retro swim suit styles that seem to be popping up?

picture via
    Retro Poppy Bikini // Kamini Swimsuit // Yakimi Bikini

picture via
    Dolly Gingham Maillot // Isometric Maillot // Cannes Maillot

picture via
    Smocked Halter Maillot // Vivid Bits Maillot // Zelda Maillot

Check out some my other favorites from around the web:

High Rise Bottoms
    One // Two // Three // Four

Boy Short One Piece
    One // Two // Three

The Deep V Plunge
    One // Two // Three

1. Splish Splash | Vylette said… May 3, 2012 6:33 am

[…] from here. Tweet !function(d,s,id){var […]

2. Colleen said… April 29, 2012 6:55 am

These are great! I might actually get into a bathing suit this year!

3. Elisa said… April 28, 2012 2:32 pm

Gorgeous! Especially the boyshort one-piece.

4. Whatever DeeDee Wants said… April 28, 2012 8:01 am

I just love seeing all these retro swimsuits. The blue gingham one is my favorite!

5. Lily said… April 27, 2012 2:23 pm

These are so cute! I recently purchased a vintage floral swimming cap to get ready for the summer as well 🙂

6. Tan said… April 26, 2012 2:08 pm

I’m so glad these style are coming back because they’re not just adorable (extremely so) but flattering! My favourite has got to be the blue gingham

7. Camie said… April 25, 2012 2:43 pm

These are all really cute but could you not find cute bathing suits from anywhere besides Anthropologie?

• Ashley Aikele said… April 25, 2012 5:19 pm

Surprisingly Anthropologie had the most retro inspired swimwear from what I saw. There are other cute suits out there but these worked best to display the trend. You are right though, it would have been nice for me to add some variety in there. I am having Liz update the post with more links to some other retro inspired suits out there.

• Camie said… April 26, 2012 7:56 am

It’s true, Anthropologie is the main place I found cute suits like these. I guess I was just hoping someone with better fashion powers then mine could find them elsewhere.

• Camie said… April 26, 2012 7:57 am

It’s true, Anthropologie is the main place I found cute suits like these. I guess I was just hoping someone with better fashion powers than mine could find them elsewhere.

8. Mara @ {A Blog About Love} said… April 25, 2012 10:16 am

I adore every single one of these! Great picks.

9. Hither&ThitherGirls said… April 25, 2012 10:13 am

So much love for the Isometric Maillot boy-short suit! Heavens, my obsession with tribal/geometric prints is being taken to the sea.

hannah

• Ashley Aikele said… April 25, 2012 10:32 am

I couldn’t agree more! The mix of the geometric print with the retro style is winning major points with me.

10. Audrey - This Little Street said… April 25, 2012 10:01 am

I have a boy short one piece and love it SO much! It’s the best suit I’ve ever own, makes me feel so good!

• Ashley Aikele said… April 25, 2012 10:29 am

The boy short is my favorite style too. They nailed it when they came up with the style back in the 30’s. So happy to see it coming back!

11. Rebecca in NC said… April 25, 2012 6:56 am

Those are all so pretty! I’ve been wanting to try the high-waisted style.