• Current Trend: Printed Pants

This post is contributed by Ashley Aikele of The Daily Bucket
    {Madewell Pant // $110.00}
    I tend to be a neutral wearer myself, but once in a while I think a healthy pop of color and pattern do the body good. Cut the risk in half by pairing a printed pant with a neutral top. Wallflower no more!

{J.Crew Pant // Pre-Order}
    Miss-match sock wearers (myself included) this one is for you. The long awaited day of pairing pattern with pattern is here. Make sure you keep it classy by paying attention to the color and scale of the print, we don’t want anything too wild (like the time you had a Halloween sock on one foot and Christmas on the other).

{Anthropologie Pant // $188.00}
    Trend setting is your thing. I get it. Without you we wouldn’t even have trends (thank you for going out on that limb btw). You know how to do it. Embrace that pant; and while you are at it pair with another trend, like the long tail tee. Look at you, the talk of the town.

H&M Pant 1    F21 Pant 2     F21 Pant 3
    How will you wear your patterned pant? Or will you be staying off the band wagon this time around?

1. The Weekend Changes | Things Change said… April 13, 2012 10:04 am

[...] Spring Trend…Printed Pants. [...]

2. Madeline said… April 12, 2012 9:56 pm

I am mildly obsessed with floral pants right now. I was having trouble finding any in my price range, so I headed to the thrift store. I scored a fantastic pair of old lady floral slacks and altered them. They are in constant rotation and I am keeping my eyes peeled for more every time I thrift.

Loving the black floral H&M option!

3. Elyse Beard said… April 12, 2012 11:01 am

You nailed it girl. I am seriously in love with floral pants right now. And I also have a huge butt, but I’m still going to wear some. Awesome inspiration Ashley

• Ashley Aikele said… April 12, 2012 12:15 pm

Thanks Elyse! I hope to see you in some floral pants the next time I see you :)

4. Sandra said… April 12, 2012 5:22 am

The floral print is something that I should be able to pull off but don’t. You know, like those lovely Liberty print blouses – I just end up looking like a librarian (and not a cute one at that!).

But the graphic JCrew pants? Those I will definitely be trying! And no matter your size, if the scale is right and you have a more neutral top, it’ll work.

My rule of thumb is this: the crazier the pattern, the more conservative the cut or style of clothing. And vice versa – a more conservative colour and a bolder design/shape.

• Ashley Aikele said… April 12, 2012 9:21 am

I agree with your rule of thumb. A great way to pick the perfect pattern. Those J.Crew pants kind of steal a piece of my heart too. Who knew black and white could make such a bold statement?

5. Brooke said… April 11, 2012 8:41 pm

Ok I seriously had those Madewell pants exactly in 7th grade. Too bad I didn’t keep them. (that’s something my mother used to say all the time!)

6. Katherine K said… April 11, 2012 3:44 pm

Love those slouchy ones from Forever21. Comfort is king!

• Liz Stanley said… April 11, 2012 4:39 pm

I agree! I’m fan of those slouchy ones as well :)

7. Chelse Shaum said… April 11, 2012 1:52 pm

I’m a stipes woman myself, but keep searching for those perfect flowered pants! {and maybe some approval from the husband} Great job Ashley!!!

• Liz Stanley said… April 11, 2012 4:39 pm

I think the perfect pair of flowered pants will be my search as well, all season long

8. Catherine Lang said… April 11, 2012 12:20 pm

Loving this trend, great inspiration!

9. Courtney C said… April 11, 2012 10:10 am

Too much leg and bottom to put a pattern on my lower half…don’t want to be confused with upholstery! That being said I think it is a very spring-y look, and if you can pull it off more power to you!

10. Lori C. said… April 11, 2012 8:39 am

I had a rockin’ pair of printed jeans in the 80′s–palm trees and canoes, but subtle. What is the age cutoff for printed pants, though? Is 45 too old?

• Ashley Aikele said… April 11, 2012 10:57 am

Ok. These pants sound awesome, seriously! If you rocked palm trees and canoes in the 80′s then you could rock a printed pant now. As far as I am aware, there is no age cutoff for printed pants :)

11. bethellen said… April 11, 2012 8:06 am

I love these, but how do you wear these if you have thighs and a butt–any ideas? I am 49, and might need to leave this one to my teenage daughters. I am fit, but not skinny.

• Ashley Aikele said… April 11, 2012 10:42 am

For a body with curves I would try a print that is small and subtle in a trouser fit if you aren’t comfortable with the skinny jean look. Or like Jessica mentioned try a printed skirt! Less trendy, more classic, and who doesn’t love a printed skirt for spring?

12. Christa the BabbyMama said… April 11, 2012 7:59 am

I love it… but I’m not on board myself. I will just enjoy watching other people wear them. This butt? Is just too wide for prints!

13. Jessica said… April 11, 2012 7:47 am

I think the printed pants trend is cute, but I won’t be buying any myself. It is just a bit much for me. I will be doing a printed skirt though ;)

• Ashley Aikele said… April 11, 2012 10:33 am

I love printed skirts! Definitely easier to pull of than the printed pant. What a great idea for an upcoming post.