• Weekend Roundup

(J.Crew)

This image above has thoroughly convinced me of the fact that I need a pair of cobalt skinny jeans asap (this pair from Old Navy is only $19!). Don’t you think they’re fabulous paired with a polka dot blouse? In love! What are you up to this weekend? Henry’s at school now but when we gets back we are surprising him with an afternoon trip to his favorite place: Train Town in Sonoma. Have you been? It’s the most charming place ever, and the drive up through Napa Valley is almost as charming. Up to anything fun? See you back here Monday!

One exciting thing:Β  I’m looking for paid fashion contributors, with a working knowledge of photoshop and some graphic design. Interested? Email me at liz@sayyestohoboken (dot) com with a link to your blog, work, skills, favorite Downton Abbey character, etc.

Also, Levi’s was so happy with the response to my mini documentary videoΒ  that they’re offering a discount code to readers. Enter LIZSTAN at checkout to receive 15% off women’s and kids items at us.levi.com through March 21st. Hooray! Time to buy those curve id jeans you’ve been eyeing!

Here are some fun links for you to explore, have a great one:

Make your own baby crawler legging pants. So cute!

These decorated lanterns are so beautiful.

This is my favorite thing to do in Manhattan with kids

Oversized gold bows: I wish I knew how to quit you!

Oh, man I need to spend a weekend here (it’s only an hour or so away!)

Huge crush on this campaign style kitchen island

Gold confetti runner DIY. Oooh!

Marni for H&M hit stores yesterday. Anyone have a chance to check it out? This top!

On a more serious note,Β  this video (despite some of the controversy around how accurate the depiction is) is really powerful and makes me so proud of the internet + the age of technology we live in

1. Kirsteen said… March 12, 2012 1:55 am

Love the blue jeans!

Those baby leggings are so sweet.

2. Kate (Bayside Bride) said… March 11, 2012 7:19 pm

I love that outfit!

3. Bobbie Austin said… March 10, 2012 5:51 pm

J. Crew is really stepping it up
      nice photo
      I like your blog πŸ™‚

4. Melissa from Kentucky said… March 10, 2012 3:08 pm

Saw your Levi jeans ad on Hulu today, thought I’d check out your site. So far, I really like it! I agree about KONY 2012 – I support the effort, but I’m taking it all with a grain of salt. Alright, now back to my show on Hulu!

• Liz Stanley said… March 10, 2012 5:51 pm

woo hoo! love it when people find me from the hulu commercial. Welcome, and hello Melissa!

5. Tan said… March 10, 2012 12:23 am

Eer…you’re realizing you’re making me want to head to Old Navy right about now for a pair of those cobalt skinnies! Except that it’s nearly 12:30am so it may just have to wait until tomorrow morning πŸ˜‰

• Liz Stanley said… March 10, 2012 5:51 pm

I KNOW. I need to head over there too. my size isn’t online either πŸ™

6. Holly said… March 9, 2012 11:58 pm

Cheers for the mention πŸ™‚ Happy Weekend!

7. Alexis aka Soy said… March 9, 2012 10:20 pm

Love the outfit. I’ve been in love with polka dots and now they are everywhere. I just need to find some bright jeans to complete the outfit.

I made it to Marni for H&M yesterday here at Santana Row and scored the top! It is a beaut!

8. Sandra said… March 9, 2012 1:40 pm

For all of the many trips we have made as a family to NYC, I STILL haven’t taken my daughter to the marionette theater. Will definitely do on our next trip!

There are also some great theater companies for kids plays in NYC as well – I like Galli the best. http://www.gallitheaterny.com

And can’t forget the Children’s Museum of the Arts! http://www.cmany.com

I think I need the long, messy-but-in-a-fashionable-way hair for me to make those pants and shirt work!

9. jillian said… March 9, 2012 1:16 pm

i want those ON jeans sooo bad but they never have my size online πŸ™

10. Kristina said… March 9, 2012 1:12 pm

Sonoma Train town is on my to-do list! We have never been. Can’t wait till it is open on weekdays. The kids and I will definitely be trekking up there. Have fun!