• Weekend Roundup

This cherry vanilla cake (image above) looks absolutely delicious. It’s getting me in the mood for some Valentine’s Day baking! I’ll try to squeeze in time to make some huge soft sugar cookies this weekend since they are absolutely the most delicious cookie to me. Up to anything fun? Working on any Valentine’s Day crafts or plans? A sneak peek of what’s coming for next week: A gigantic Valentine’s Day giveaway, a Levis promo video about my life as a blogger that I’ve been waiting to share with you for forever, Valentine’s Day dessert ideas, and more.

Below are a few links and reminders. Until Monday, friends!

The Blogging 101 video class last night was a blast! Register here for the Blogging 101 on March 8th date and register here for the Getting Started with Advertising class next week on 2/15.

All natural pink milk for Valentine’s Day meals

Top 10 Valentines for Geeks. Love all these (turns out I’m a geek, then)

Wow, plaster flowers? Pretty!

Needle felting! I totally need to try this project.

Pretty dip dye ribbons. Lovely!

Valentine’s Day crafternoon. Great idea.

5 Minute Fudge S’mores (in a mug no less!). A great try for an easy Valentine’s Day dessert!

Heart blocks for toddlers. Very cute project and great for learning ABCs

Valentine’s Day in a box. Genius!

1. Funkytime said… February 11, 2012 1:15 am

what a lovely cake! great idea with the wire!

2. Tania said… February 10, 2012 8:12 pm

Such great links, my favorite is the felted elbow patches. I can attest that needle felting is hugely therapeutic and very easy, I felted a miniature teddy for my daughter at Christmas.
      Any way you could share your soft sugar cookie recipe–I’ve been looking for a good one everywhere!

3. Laura said… February 10, 2012 5:26 pm

That cake looks incredible! And I’m kind of dying over the s’mores mug cake.

4. Jessica said… February 10, 2012 12:42 pm

I absolutely love those geeky V-day gifts…if only I had a geek guy to give them too haha. The Star Wars card is just awesome!

5. greta said… February 10, 2012 11:02 am

I was just thinking I wanted to make strawberry milk for my kiddos on Valentines morning and wondering how I could do it without instant posder.
      Thanks for the info!
      I am new to your blog and I love it.
      Love from,
      Greta

• Liz Stanley said… February 10, 2012 2:07 pm

Thank you! Let me know how it goes!

6. Kacy Faulconer said… February 10, 2012 9:21 am

One of my earliest childhood memories is being forced to eat beets and spitting them up into my glass of milk. Natural pink milk.

• Liz Stanley said… February 10, 2012 2:08 pm

HA! Sorry to bring back such an pleasant memory. Did it look pretty at least?