• DIY: Hot Air Balloon Lantern

Have you ever taken a ride in a hot air balloon? Me neither. Mr. Zebra has quite the life floating above Henry’s bedroom like a king, surveying the scene. I think I’m going to make him a mini king’s crown. See my tutorial for transforming a Chinese lantern into a hot air balloon right here at Momtastic.

1. the weekender 1/20/2012 | a week from thursday said… January 20, 2012 5:38 am

[…] quirky is this DIY Hot Air Balloon Lantern? Perfect for the kid’s room or, you know, creative art hipster […]

2. kt said… January 18, 2012 5:01 pm

I took my husband on a (surprise!) hot air balloon ride in Napa for his birthday – it was amazing! It was peaceful and serene. I highly recommend it! love this idea.

3. Brooke said… January 13, 2012 9:47 pm

My girls are obsessed with hot air balloons. I see at least one popping up in their playroom very soon. Thanks for the idea!

4. Jenny @ Hank + Hunt said… January 13, 2012 4:36 pm

This is pretty darn cute, my boys would love this!

5. Candice said… January 10, 2012 6:23 am

The owl and the pussycat went to sea.In a beautiful pea green boat …The zebra was jealousAnd yes, she lacks feathersBut nevertheless, off she floats!Love it! Shared at http://candoodles.blogspot.com/2012/01/diy-hot-air-balloon.html

6. Baby Balloons said… January 7, 2012 1:07 am

Fantastic party post. These shiny balloons are perfect for celebrating a birthday, baby shower, bridal shower or a fun occasion.Valentines BalloonsThank a lot.

7. Gloria said… January 6, 2012 3:43 pm

What a creative use for those lanterns – love this!

8. sara.ann said… January 5, 2012 11:25 am

i think this would work in my whimsical adult world!~sarahttp://www.myfantasticdistractions.blogspot.com/

9. Jessica said… January 5, 2012 10:22 am

This is so creative and fun! Perfect for a child's room…or my own? :)

10. Katie I KCandCo said… January 5, 2012 9:31 am

This is just the cutest idea ever!

11. Eliza Jane said… January 5, 2012 12:50 am

What a fantastic craft!

12. traceyclark said… January 4, 2012 9:00 pm

omg. sheesh! why didn't i think of that? pure awesomeness.

13. Leah said… January 4, 2012 2:57 pm

Such a great idea! Thanks for sharing!

14. Four Flights said… January 4, 2012 2:38 pm

this is perfection! thanks for sharing

15. the southern hostess said… January 4, 2012 12:03 pm

So clever! I love it.

16. AmandaB. said… January 4, 2012 9:35 am

I have taken a hot air balloon ride in New Mexico! It was a lot of fun and had beautiful view but there were some things I did not expect. 1). I had to sign a wavier that if landing in the water, on someone's property, etc etc they company wasn't responsible. 2). Obviously you have fire and the hot air making the balloon rise but in the middle of the summer in an already hot state it was definitely a little too hot in the balloon for my taste. 3). The rough landing! We were told how to brace ourselves. Our balloon hit, then bounced, then skidded onto it's side. And you have to stay put until you are told to get out or the balloon could take off again.

17. Carly Taylor said… January 4, 2012 9:12 am

Oh wow. So cute. I love it!-Carly @ Createlive

18. Sarah said… January 4, 2012 8:31 am

Awww this is so fun! Especially for a little boys room. – Sarahhttp://agirlintransit.blogspot.com

19. Jessica Snellings said… January 4, 2012 7:43 am

Taking a ride in a hot air balloon is one of my life goals. Here's to imaging it with lanterns until that day!

20. Mal said… January 4, 2012 7:27 am
    21. thenauticalwheeler said… January 4, 2012 6:14 am

Such a great idea for a little kid's room! From Brooklyn with love ~jen

22. alyssa - fashion fitness foodie said… January 4, 2012 5:01 am

A friend just got engaged in a hot air balloon – I will pass this on!