• Styling Bright Pants: DailyBuzz Style 9×9

Look at me posting on the weekend! I’m working with DailyBuzz Style to put together some ideas for styling brightly colored pants. They’re a really fun fall trend I’ve been loving, have you? I featured high-waisted colored skinnies on my fall trend series a couple weeks ago which got the wheels turning thinking about how to put together an outfit.

I headed out shopping yesterday to put together this look (along with a few staples in my closet). I was looking for bright pants in either cherry red or cobalt since those are my favorite colors this season. This pair is from Urban Outfitters, they have a great pair of stretchy bright skinnies right here for $58. Plus they’re high-waisted. Bonus!

Bright skinnies shy on the side of juniors trendy so I styled it with a more sophisticate but interesting top from J.Crew and this thrift store shrunken boys wool blazer with cute elbow patches (love elbow patches!). The necklace is from from this lovely etsy shop, Verabel, and is one of my favorite accessories.
    One of my favorite items for this look I found was these cute cuff booties from Payless I found for only $29.99. Score! Sometimes it makes more sense to buy a cheap version of your favorite style when you aren’t sure how many seasons you’ll wear them, which was the case with these booties.
    How would you style bright pants? I’d love to hear your suggestions!

This post is sponsored by DailyBuzz Style 9×9. Brands and products mentioned were not sponsored and were solely my preference.

1. xlpharmacy.com said… December 7, 2011 10:02 am

I really like to wear red jeans because my ass look wonderful, I am 23 years old and I am a follower of your site !

2. Mae said… October 25, 2011 1:22 pm

So fun to see how the other bloggers styled bright pants! You did a fantastic job! I love the blazer with professor elbows and those booties!Glad I found you through DBS!xx

3. cakesandshakes said… October 25, 2011 4:35 am

A lot of girls wear coloured jeans as part of a colour blocking ensemble, but it's too much for me – I think I would wear it as you do, with some neutrals. Pops better! However, I do love to wear pastel jeans with all black everything else on in winter, that's a favourite of mine!Cakeshttp://www.cakesandshakes.wordpress.com

4. Z said… October 24, 2011 8:56 pm

I love the way you styled the red pants! I've been seeing it a lot around town and I'm so close to making the plunge. Thanks for the inspiration :)http://www.leblogdezon.blogspot.com

5. Lauren at TwIn Style said… October 24, 2011 3:33 pm

I really like this look. I've definitely been enjoying the bright pants trend, but so far it's been from afar. I find it hard to spend very much money on items that won't be very practical for me (like trendier pieces or things I can only wear on the weekend), so I usually only do so if I find a crazy deal. Maybe I'll score some in a before- or after-holiday sale.

6. What Would a Nerd Wear said… October 24, 2011 8:11 am

i think i have these same pants, and i love them and have been wearing them basically nonstop since the end of summer. i've found they pretty much go with anything (here are some pictures http://whatwouldanerdwear.blogspot.com/2011/10/and-once-more-for-cheap-seats.html)

7. Miss Bibliophile said… October 24, 2011 8:07 am

Great combination. The tweed blazer is a nice counterpoint to the bright pants. And I think I may need to make a stop at Payless now…

8. krissy rock said… October 23, 2011 8:29 pm

love it all! thanks for sharing. the patches on your jacket is ADORABLE.krissykreates.blogspot.com

9. Liz Stanley said… October 23, 2011 6:00 pm

inspiration files, love the idea of pairing it with a graphic tee. cute!

10. It seems pretty obvious. said… October 23, 2011 1:11 pm

Love the pants! You styled them in a great way…I love the look of colourful pants with white and grey :)

11. inspirationfiles said… October 23, 2011 1:06 pm

I have these same exact pants and I love them! I've worn them with a white graphic tee with black writing, a black boyfriend blazer and leopard heels. Love it! For a casual look, I think they'd also look good with a chambray shirt.

12. bright lights, big cities said… October 23, 2011 1:02 pm

this is great! but we want to see your beautiful face!! =)

13. Liz Stanley said… October 23, 2011 11:36 am

Hot, Angie!

14. Angie said… October 23, 2011 11:30 am
    15. Angie said… October 23, 2011 10:41 am

I think I will totally make a Polyvore set featuring bright pants!If I had a pair, I would style them with a cute sweater, vest and high boots!