• DIY: Striped and Geometric Tote Bags

I have two DIY decorated tote tutorials to share with you today on Momtastic:

The first is this red stripey tote above. I know it may seem like I say this for every tutorial, but this one really does take just 5 minutes to make. With no stencil making involved. See the full instructions here on Momtastic to make yourself this perfect July 4th accessory.

This next geometric tote does require a little cutting and ironing first. The possibilities are endless though! You can repeat any simple shape you’d like. Find the basic instructions for this one right here.

1. Nikki said… July 8, 2011 8:17 pm

Love these! So perfect and cute for the beach! I'm thinking of buying a plain backpack for the hubs and using the same method. listed you in my favorites this friday :)http://nikkithy.blogspot.com/2011/07/friday-favorites.html

2. Nomadic D. said… June 26, 2011 1:38 pm

Very cute! Especially love the striped one, but they are both wonderful, and I absolutely believe that they are easy and quick enough to do. Now I just have to get my hands on plain canvas totes, easier said than done here in Madrid! You have such a wonderful and inspiring blog!http://nomadic-d.blogspot.com/

3. Brandi {not your average ordinary} said… June 26, 2011 12:33 pm

These tote bags are so stylish! And no matter how many tote bags I have, I've found you can never have too many — especially when you're heading to the farmer's market or packing for a trip.

4. kalanicut said… June 25, 2011 2:23 am

Oh, I've been itching to make a tote bag for summer. You've definitely inspired me to act.

5. Katie Elizabeth said… June 24, 2011 4:49 pm

Such a simple idea yet so great! Also, I'm so jealous that you're living in SF! I'm not liking this NJ weather lately – you're not missing much.xo katie elizabethohheyylife.blogspot.com

6. Huckleberry Creative said… June 23, 2011 10:23 pm

Love love love the striped bag! It's super cute and perfect for summer indeed.

7. jaclyn @ thelateafternoon said… June 23, 2011 6:21 pm

you always have the best sewing tutorials! the decreasing stripes on the first tote are perfection!

8. la petite coquine said… June 23, 2011 4:04 pm

How adorable!

9. Sarah said… June 23, 2011 1:48 pm

that stripped bag is cute but chic. nice work.

10. Holly said… June 23, 2011 12:09 pm

Love teh striped bag!

11. Gina said… June 23, 2011 8:12 am

I loved the striped one – SO cute! I am making it fo sho.

12. rebecca said… June 23, 2011 7:29 am

Love that red and white striped bag!

13. Ann Marie said… June 23, 2011 7:21 am

hoping that this takes 5 minutes…i would even be happy if i could do it in 30 minutes! these totes would be perfect for me at oxford this summer: they fold up nice and small in my suitcase and they'd be perfect for my daily library trips!

14. Ana Degenaar said… June 23, 2011 6:57 am

Oh Lizzy how I love you!

15. Whatever Dee-Dee wants said… June 23, 2011 6:46 am

Fun bags! I am going over to momtastic now.