• DIY: Zippered Toiletries Travel Bag

One step up from my pencil case tutorial, this large zippered toiletries bag would make a great gift for Mother’s Day. Folds up real small and nice, stick it in the mail with a new shade of lipstick inside or a favorite scent.

Easy Peasy. Promise. Although, really,  if you’ve never done a zipper before I’d recommend starting with the pencil case one. But really, this one is a cinch too.
    Know what never hurts? Pretty vintage floral fabric peeking out from the lining. That’s what.
    See the full tutorial here on Momtastic

1. Brooke said… April 25, 2011 7:22 pm

Love this! I am in desperate need of a new bag…especially with Mimi always digging through my make-up and leaving lipstick tops off.

2. Beth said… April 25, 2011 4:48 pm

These are so beautiful! I absolutely love the fabric you used. I think I'll try and tackle these for Mothers Day, and if I do I promise to link up :] Do you have any online stores you can suggest to buy oilcloth?

3. la petite coquine said… April 25, 2011 4:01 pm

How wonderful-I absolutely love that pink key print!

4. Amy - Pride of Place said… April 25, 2011 11:53 am

What a cute bag and that fabric is fantastic.

5. bethany cooper said… April 25, 2011 10:57 am

this looks adorable! i'm gonna give it a shot!

6. Diana Hulme said… April 25, 2011 9:48 am

Liz, this is so cute! Can't believe you just whipped it out. I love the vintage fabric peeking out from inside too. :)

7. Kayla Poole said… April 25, 2011 9:19 am

wow. I don't know if I'll ever become a sewer in my lifetime, but this kind of makes me want to learn! love the fabric.

8. jaclyn @ thelateafternoon said… April 25, 2011 9:18 am

i've been looking for new sewing tutorials and this one definitely tops my list! i love the pretty fabric patterns you used!

9. lindsay said… April 25, 2011 9:16 am

GREAT gift for mother's day, love the fabric too, where did you get it?

10. Sarah said… April 25, 2011 7:48 am

I like this! I'll have to see how they do the zippers. I've always done the "trace the tape" method to doing zippers. Thanks for sharing.- Sarahhttp://agirlintransit.blogspot.com/

11. Meghan said… April 25, 2011 7:35 am

Love this, I was just thinking (while putting on my make-up in the car, I know tsk tsk) how my current make-up bag looks like it belongs to a 16 year old stoner. Time to update!

12. natalie said… April 25, 2011 7:31 am

This looks fantastic! If I can get my act together, I'm absolutely making one of these for my mom for Mother's Day.